Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our Book Samaritan "Loot"...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

It came today!  So exciting!  We asked for basically everything, two months ago is exactly when I mailed the letter.  We had nothing at all yet, so I just listed everything I could think of, hoping to at least get a start!

So we got:

BJU PreAlgebra text and TM (for DS)

Harcourt Math-5 text (for DD)  I think this is older-I think they are owned by Houghton Mifflin now maybe?

Spanish-2 books, one lessons and one exercises...we have decided to go with sign language this year, but we will save the Spanish for next year for DS and probably the year after for DD

Moby Dick and The Swiss Family Robinson

Some math manipulatives

A Grade 5 computer disc-not sure what that has on it but we had the same disc for preschool when the kids were little, so I'm sure there will be something good for DD on there

I am pretty excited for the math books the most.  Now I did buy the Saxon for DD, but I may use the Harcourt instead, I was looking through it and I think it doesn't 'spiral' as fast as Saxon.  DH says "use them both" not sure how to do that, lol, but maybe if she needs extra practice I could find extra problems in one..he has no idea what goes in to being the homeschooling parent.

Just thought I'd share, it took a while to get here, but it's a great program that is helping us out. 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yeah!!!!

usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM

That's great!

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Sounds great!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Good stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)