Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your kids *behind* in Math?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 69 Replies

What about Reading?

Science?

*By behind, I mean, according to public school standards*

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I dont know, but yesterday i was.rethinking the curriculum we are using for math. We are using singapore, and my son was very frustrated.
mhaney03
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Not according to public school, but yes according to the math we use.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM

How does Singapore work?

Quoting Precious333:

I dont know, but yesterday i was.rethinking the curriculum we are using for math. We are using singapore, and my son was very frustrated.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

What Math do you use?

Quoting mhaney03:

mhaney03
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Christian light

Quoting mem82:

What Math do you use?

Quoting mhaney03:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
My kids are behind in science and history according to public schools. But I don't worry about it.

My oldest (going into 2nd) may not know what a cell is but she knows more about just about any animal you could name, but especially sharks. So I do not worry about it.
Mommynay2
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Destinay's weak subject is Math. With  Reading she is doing above her grade level, and Science when she was being homeschooled last year she seemed to grasp the concepts well. 

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Singapore helps them think.of numbers in different ways, it has a lot of.pictures as.well, and i believe it spirals a bit too (we just started it). My son is going on to second grade, and we didnt do many workbooks in the past.

Quoting mem82:

How does Singapore work?

Quoting Precious333:

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:36 AM

No.  They are actually ahead.  LOL  At the end of first grade our curriculum was starting into multiplication, and they don't start that locally until late 2nd grade.  My upcoming 1st grader was doing 1st grade level math before she started her K curriculum (This one is advanced in just about every area academically).

mommy4lyf
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Yes. But the report card shows he's making progress. But, it was just a record to please the parents. Now, I would say that he is making progress and math is his favorite subject.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)