Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's a laminator that you recommend?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am looking for a fairly inexpensive laminator for our school and don't know where to start. 

Got any ones that you absolutely love?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PurpleCupcake
by Cynthia on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM

This one is on sale for $25, normally $80

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010JEJPC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0010JEJPC&linkCode=as2&tag=southernscom-20

hwblyf
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I love my Purple Cow.  I've had it for several years, not heavy use, but it works very nicely.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I got mine at Walmart a couple years ago. I haven't used it heavily really, but it was inexpensive and does a good job, and the sheets are easy to buy and not too expensive. I'll try to check the brand later and edit.

ETA: it's a Scotch TL901. Really easy to use and has two settings-one for 3mm and one for 5+mm. I like it a lot, it does the job and I haven't had any issues or complaints.
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Quoting PurpleCupcake:

This one is on sale for $25, normally $80

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010JEJPC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0010JEJPC&linkCode=as2&tag=southernscom-20

I have this one that amazon has on sale. It works great, havent had any problems. The sheets are inexpensive as well.
swim-mom72
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I have never owned one, LOL! but, good luck finding one that works for you.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Not duck brand. Piece of poo. I have a scotch brand now but haven't used it yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Thank you all for the advice and input.  I went with the scotch from Amazon.  Seemed like a good deal and I had $10 from doing swagbucks so win-win there.  Now to just find some pouches and I will be set.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 26, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I got a ton of them, I think on ebay but it may have been amazon. They have worked really well and were very inexpensive.

Quoting jwhit8791:

Thank you all for the advice and input.  I went with the scotch from Amazon.  Seemed like a good deal and I had $10 from doing swagbucks so win-win there.  Now to just find some pouches and I will be set.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I have only used scotch brand pouches in my scotch laminator. I'm not sure how others would work in it, but I'm guessing they would all be fine. Just don't take my word for it since I haven't actually tried other brands in it :)

Quoting jwhit8791:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)