Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Which curriculum?????????????

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 19 Replies

If you have experience with any of these, Please give me the good, the bad and the ugly about them.

Easy Peasy

Seton

CompleteCurriculum.com

I will have a 2nd grader and 1st grader this upcoming year. 

Thank you!!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oahoah
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

We have used Easy Peasy but mostly as a "filler"; no experience with the other two. I am having a hard time decided what to use for this year too :( I'll have a 3rd and 1st and pre-k.

Dorra
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM

BUMP!

Dorra
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Quoting oahoah:

We have used Easy Peasy but mostly as a "filler"; no experience with the other two. I am having a hard time decided what to use for this year too :( I'll have a 3rd and 1st and pre-k.

Thank you! What have you used in the past?

I went to Barnes and Noble and got books from there since I had a K and 1st this year. I haven't used a true curriculum yet.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM
I have not used any of them, so here is a bump! The only boxed curric I have found appealing is oak meadow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I assume you're Catholic (hence the Seton)? Lol.

I've used pieces of Seton. Very solid, very traditional, very Catholic. If you're looking at boxed, and you're Catholic, them or Catholic Heritage are great for first time homeschoolers (lesson plans with their grade level packages) - Seton is accredited if you enroll in their full program (as is Kolbe and OLVS, so far as Catholic curricula goes).

I haven't tried Easy Peasy, but the general consensus amongst the few I've heard use it is that it's a great filler, but not really a full curricula.

No experience with complete curriculum.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Dorra
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Thank you!
No actually I'm not. I heard about Seton and was looking at CompleteCurriculum when I made this post.
Was just looking for experience with each.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I've used pieces of Seton. Very solid, very traditional, very Catholic. If you're looking at boxed, and you're Catholic, them or Catholic Heritage are great for first time homeschoolers (lesson plans with their grade level packages) - Seton is accredited if you enroll in their full program (as is Kolbe and OLVS, so far as Catholic curricula goes).

I haven't tried Easy Peasy, but the general consensus amongst the few I've heard use it is that it's a great filler, but not really a full curricula.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:14 PM

When I say Seton is very Catholic... it's Catholic... it is very, very Catholic (in all subjects). Lol!

Quoting Dorra:

Thank you!
No actually I'm not. I heard about Seton and was looking at CompleteCurriculum when I made this post.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Dorra
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Oh ok. Thank you for the help.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

When I say Seton is very Catholic... it's Catholic... it is very, very Catholic (in all subjects). Lol!

Quoting Dorra:

Thank you!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

oredeb
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM

have you every tried christian liberty?

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I have no experience with any of those, sorry.

would you prefer secular, christian or a blend or you don't really care?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)