Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Drama club??

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
  • 1 Replies
What would it take to start a drama club?

My dd loves theater and performing. There is only one drama thing for homeschoolers that I have found nearby, and that's still an hour drive and $170 for a 12 week program. I would love to help her start a group and maybe put on small skits or a bigger play once or twice a year...but I don't know where to start. I was thinking about asking a college student or even high school student if they would want to help as some kind of project with choreography or acting or singing guidance.

Am I aiming too high trying to do something like this our first year? I would just want it to be more affordable and more local for us and others, but I'm not even sure if there is an interest...
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I would start by finding out if you have enough interested homeschoolers to make it worth the effort. Once you know there is an interestthen I would find a location that is affordable. I would do everything I could to make joining the club as affordable as possible & even do fundraisers to get the money to put on a production then ask for donations at each performance & hopefully that will cover the next performance & so on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN