Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Well, I've finally met some of those weird homeschoolers everyone always talks about...

Posted by   + Show Post

LOL And here I thought it was an urban legend. The highlights if you will:

1. 6 kids pregnant with 7th. (that's not the trashy part) No prenatal care BUT goes and gets multiple ultrasounds at the mall and swear by their accuracy...

2. Middle daughters are wild hair crazy kids that spit on my son AND kicked him several different times 'you know where' while at vacation bible school

3. Defied all authority until removed from the classroom

4. Ignored all rules and pretty much ran nutso

So now I can say that I've met THOSE homeschoolers that every anti-homeschool person always cites as the reason no one should ever EVER homeschool.

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Replies (11-19):
redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting celticdragon77:

Oh yeah, I don't remember running into you today?!

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM
5 moms liked this

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM
5 moms liked this
I'm a super crunchy hippie, ;)but I am not like that,and neither are my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Oh wow. Yeah, there are some scary ones out there.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I'm one of those super crunchy hippie mom's and I have never met one of "those" homeschoolers.  I've also never met any of the "kneeling on beans, hourly beatings-type" homeschoolers either.  We just must not run in the same circles.

ETA:  Thank Goodness!!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 27, 2013 at 7:48 PM
LMAO... We have mostly the uber crunchy, refuse to own microwaves, only eat vegan, everything is toxic homeschoolers here.

I do know one family that has 8 kids (5 girls and 3 boys) all of the boys are special needs in some way and mom is crazy insane helicopter overprotective. Took the boys to scout camp for a week. Dad came as an assistant scoumaster, and mom drove into camp EVERY day to check on them. It was so sad for the boys. They have zero independence.
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Wow. Ultrasound at the mall? That sounds like a horrible idea.

Around here, a lot of the hsers are just...odd...like, unsocialized odd, lol. They are hard to talk to, they are awkward. But I don't know many, yet. A few houses down there is a family that HS, and I love them, they are much like us, just down to earth. Mom is really easy to talk to and her dd is older than my kids, but she's a great kid, then they have three little boys that are 3 and under. The couple moms that I have met to purchase books from or pick up ping pong balls from (for sending into space!) were odd, like they had a hard time holding a conversation with me. I'm hoping there are more down to earth ones that I can have a good conversation with once we get to know more people.

I will say that most of the hs'ed kids we have met are pretty well behaved, though some have a hard time holding conversations like their parents, but they are heathens lol.
101stwife
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess you could count me as crunchy. Not psychotic crunchy, but crunchy none the less. I buy as much organic as I can though I would much rather grow it. There is just so much in our food now that is truly unhealthy so I buy as healthy as possible. Doesn't mean we don't enjoy a trip to Wendy's once in awhile :0)

I have definitely met some of "those" homeschoolers. But, most I have met are nice people.

Maridel
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Oh yea we ran into some one day that made me think (no wonder home school ers are judged". both kids looked like they hadn't had a bath on a week. I saw the boy put his hands down his pants pull then out and sniff them. Later the little girl yells "holy sh+t a squirrel!".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)