Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Weekend plans?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 27 Replies
Anyone have plans this weekend? Relaxing or otherwise ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Today is my oldest daughters birthday! She is 8 :) relaxing, enjoying each other. She made her menu so I went to the store today. She is pretty easy!
Cheerios
Bologna and cheese
Chocolate chip pancakes for dinner
White cake with chocolate icing, a pink heart and 8 candles <3
Unsure about tomorrow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM

ahhh wish her happy 8th birthday for me!!!

yummmmm

armygirl16
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Today I want to head to Powells bookstore in downtown Portland to buy a book I want to read.  Then tonight we have game night at one of the board game stores in the area.  

Tomorrow is another game day from 1-5 (goes until 8 but we have to leave early).  My husband has softball after that. I may play this week too though.  

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Powell's.rocks! OMG..that is about the only place I miss from Portland.

Today I had a dog to walk,

DD is doing an audition for Thumbelina.

Going to the library.

Tomorrow I take DS1 to church camp. He will be there until Friday.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Getting stuff ready for our camping trip to Mount Rushmore.  Last year I was much better organized, so I'm kinda at a loss right now.

AmyMamie
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Then, Welcome!  We live by Mount Rushmore. :)  It's a madhouse around here this weekend, with a local celebration going on.  I wanted to take the kids to the Kids' Fair (with lots of bouncy inflatable to play on) but DH hates the crowds, SO... instead I'm having a quiet afternoon at home, and will soon read a good book.  Tomorrow it's our turn to clean our church, and then we'll have the service, and then home for dinner.  I actually like these lazy weekends.  Next weekend WE'LL be camping in Wyoming, avoiding the Sturgis Rally crowd.

Quoting hwblyf:

Getting stuff ready for our camping trip to Mount Rushmore.  Last year I was much better organized, so I'm kinda at a loss right now.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Last year we were in Wyoming (Devil's Tower) right around Sturgis time.  The crowd extends.  :)  The cool thing is that my uncle, who lives in VA (we're in CO) will be out there, too, and we'll get to meet up with him!

Quoting AmyMamie:

Then, Welcome!  We live by Mount Rushmore. :)  It's a madhouse around here this weekend, with a local celebration going on.  I wanted to take the kids to the Kids' Fair (with lots of bouncy inflatable to play on) but DH hates the crowds, SO... instead I'm having a quiet afternoon at home, and will soon read a good book.  Tomorrow it's our turn to clean our church, and then we'll have the service, and then home for dinner.  I actually like these lazy weekends.  Next weekend WE'LL be camping in Wyoming, avoiding the Sturgis Rally crowd.

Quoting hwblyf:

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I went to see Despicable Me 2 with a friend and her granddaughter.  The rest of the weekend will be housework.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Today was All Stars.
*brag moment because I'm way too stinkn' proud of her*
She made it in all 3 events she swam at Divisionals, IM (all 4 strokes in 1 event), 50m Freestyle, and 25m Breast stroke. At Divisionals, she had taken 18 seconds off her IM, 10 off her Free, and 6 off her Breast. Today, she took 16 off her IM, 7 off her Free, and another 6 off her Breast. She placed 9th over all on IM, tied for 4th overall and 1st in her heat on her Free, and 1st in her heat on breast, but was disqualified (which is still being checked into I was told), otherwise would've placed overall in the top 5.

SOOO glad the season is over now though lol. Tomorrow is our sleep in do nothing day to regroup from today lol.

swim-mom72
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM

CONGRATS to your daughter!!! My oldest son, 16, leaves early in the morning for his zones champoinship swim meet in Florida : )

Quoting No_Difference:

Today was All Stars.
*brag moment because I'm way too stinkn' proud of her*
She made it in all 3 events she swam at Divisionals, IM (all 4 strokes in 1 event), 50m Freestyle, and 25m Breast stroke. At Divisionals, she had taken 18 seconds off her IM, 10 off her Free, and 6 off her Breast. Today, she took 16 off her IM, 7 off her Free, and another 6 off her Breast. She placed 9th over all on IM, tied for 4th overall and 1st in her heat on her Free, and 1st in her heat on breast, but was disqualified (which is still being checked into I was told), otherwise would've placed overall in the top 5.

SOOO glad the season is over now though lol. Tomorrow is our sleep in do nothing day to regroup from today lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN