Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homebody or social butterfly?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you prefer to be home, or out and about?
Are your kids the same way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I prefer to be out and about, my husband prefers to be home, same as my daughter.  We haven't quite figured out what our son prefers since he is only 2.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Mostly a homebody.  I enjoy curling up with a good book.  I do like to get out occasionally when I start getting cabin fever.  DS is much more an out and about type kid.  He loves meeting new people and going and doing.

lucsch
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I am a homebody. My daughter has no complaints, so maybe she is one also. We do enjoy going places, once we go.
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I love traveling and going places but i also love my days at home.  I am a little of both.  Home is my special place.  My boys feel the same way.  We are very close and social family.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Since your kids are grown, ill ask you. :) did your homebody kids tend to stay longer at home than the social ones? (In your house vs moving out)
I would think this would be the case, but I'm a homebody and moved out at 17. I guess I wasn't a homebody until I moved out though.
Quoting oredeb:

im a homebody

oldest is a social butterfly

2nd homebody

3rd homebody/socal butterfly

4th homebody

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I could see how that would!

Quoting Britty1987:

Homebody. I used to work 2 full time jobs... that'll cure anyone of being a busybody lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. I try to get out more but I don't enjoy crowds, loud noises, germs (lol). We tend to do most activities, if any, during summer and fall.

Quoting hwblyf:

Homebodies.  I think we should probably try to get out there more, it's something I'm working on.  But we can really only tolerate but so much outside activity.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I prefer to be home, but my kids would rather be out.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I've learned to avoid large kiddie activities because of all the germs because my boys get really sick easily . We are homebodies by necessity especially around holidays. There are always a few sick kids at the functions and they seem to always have to be coughing right by us. Then my kiddos end up with a respiratory infection they can't shake which turns into an asthma flare.Two hours of fun turns into ten days of sickness. :(

Quoting Boobah:

Same here. I try to get out more but I don't enjoy crowds, loud noises, germs (lol). We tend to do most activities, if any, during summer and fall.

Quoting hwblyf:

Homebodies.  I think we should probably try to get out there more, it's something I'm working on.  But we can really only tolerate but so much outside activity.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM
It depends. Having children on the Autism Spectrum makes going sertan places a bad exsperionce.
It changes from day to day with the kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)