Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homebody or social butterfly?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you prefer to be home, or out and about?
Are your kids the same way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Replies (41-46):
bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:54 PM

We are homebodies for the most part, but we do like to get out of the house.

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

A mix. I like to be home cooking, cleaning, playing games, reading, working in the garden... I also like to be out and about - especially outdoors!! We do a lot of nature walks - bike rides on trails. There is a lot of community stuff that goes on around here - like free music concerts in the park every Sunday night. "First Fridays" in the city. All kinds of festivals, fairs, and more. I can't handle being in the house all the time and I can't handle running around all the time either.

psychomama05
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I'm a homebody, but all of my kids are social.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Ugh, you must be in Portland area... I miss Powells! crying mini

We hope to move back to Oregon/Washington area someday *crossing fingers* 

Quoting armygirl16:

We are barely ever at home lol.  This week we have gone to 4 board game nights (usually it is just 2, sometimes 3).  My husband and I are in an adult kickball league and have games once a week. Right now I'm gonig to head to Powells bookstore to get a book I want and maybe get a couple books for my dd.  We go hiking and camping and explore the area a lot. My husband plays softball on Sunday evenings as well. We have fun, but we barely ever have free night to ourselves (plus this week I worked 55 hours so I was even busier).

This was during our camping trip a few weeks ago.  This is my husband, dd, and my grandpa.  

In any case to answer the question we go a lot and do a lot, but I try to keep some time through the week for us to be home and get cleaning and schooling done.  Most weekends are consumed by either planned events or things that came up.  We love camping, gaming, hiking, our local hobby store, comic book store and book stores (which are pathetic when compared to Powells).

kaymartay
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I would rather b out & about. When I do stay at home, all day, I feel trapped. My son, Monroe, actually loves going places & riding in the car with the windows down.

mom2Bellarose
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I'm a homebody but do like to get out and go places. My oldest is a social butterfly and isn't satisfied unless she is on the go all day ever day. My youngest is only 2 1/2 and she is a homebody. If we are at the park longer than an hour she is ready to go. When my oldest was that age I had to leave the park with her screaming and crying lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)