Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When does your school year officially start?

Posted by   + Show Post
When does your school year start officially? DD starts kindergarten this year and I'm ordering her curriculum (Memoria Press) next week. The only problem is we are moving from Oregon to Texas on August 31st. Well that's when we start driving. It would be a few days before getting to Texas. Then comes unpacking and whatnot. I'm trying to figure out if I should start before we move or after?
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Hm, I don't know. I would maybe get workbooks and fun games and *start* but not use the curriculum until you get moved.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I'm thinking we're starting on Sept 2nd. I could care less when the schools by me start, but we have a family reunion to go to mid August, and we're always burned out when we get back from long trips. We might if we get ambitious enough, start the last eek of August... I also haven't sat down to really look over a calendar and all of our stuff yet, so we'll see...

superwoman0105
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I am starting on August 12.  My second son starts on Aug 5 at Moms day out on Mondays and wednesdays so I want to let him start first and then we will start third grade with my oldest the next week.

chlippr77
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM
That's when we started, too. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I tell them my kids have already "gone back to school" :) Glad to know someone else out there is "crazy" too. {Added bonus: We do a 6 week on/1 week off schedule and my nieces and nephews start back to school the first week we have off, they are not amused by that ;)}
Quoting LostTheSlipper:

We started July 1.

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Quoting chlippr77:

That's when we started, too. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I tell them my kids have already "gone back to school" :) Glad to know someone else out there is "crazy" too. {Added bonus: We do a 6 week on/1 week off schedule and my nieces and nephews start back to school the first week we have off, they are not amused by that ;)}
Quoting LostTheSlipper:

We started July 1.

Yeah, DH has a business trip in August, so I thought we'd take off time then - after all the other kiddies have started back to school! We're going to spend some days at the beach too - less crowded! Yes!

IntlMom12
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM
We never really stopped but we will start fu time after Labor Day.
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM

we're starting August 12th

energygirl
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Aug 19th (the 12th is my daughters b-day so we will wait a week)

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jul. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM
We do school year round , but we're more relaxed during the summer, so we're reviewing until our official start date, which is September 30.
bether89
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 1:52 PM

We are starting Aug. 12.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)