Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you participate in the fair activities in your town?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
  • 19 Replies

do you participate in the fair activities in your town?

canning, animals , art, sewing, etc?

what do you do?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Nope, we avoid the fair because it is just to much for my children with Autism.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:35 AM
DD did last year. She made her first quilt. She won 1st in her division :)

I always look at it and think,"We should..." and life happens and we don't. DD picked material for another quilt but didnt get it dome in time. We will have to enter it next year.

They have a parade.the first Sat of the fair. My Boy Scouts usually walk in it.

Also, my mom is part of the Emblem club They rum a taco booth each year and i go help out several days.
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Wr havent yet, but we do go. This year I am due to have another baby around that time, so we will most likely not go,.unless someone wants to take the kids for me.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:50 AM
We didn't go this year. Their prices are so high, and there really isn't a lot to do besides see the animals, which we do for free with homeschool field trips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM

We haven't yet but DS is joining 4H this year so we might.  Not sure what yet though.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Nope.  Not allowed to put in goats that still have horns or chickens that haven't been clipped.  We decided that was unnatural, so we just avoid it now.

Momof697
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:53 PM

My DD works at the CEF booth the rest of us just enjoy the fair. My DD goes with her grandparents we go on a separate day. 

oredeb
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM

yea 1st in her division! got a picture of the quilt?

my girls use to put their quilts and art work in, they enjoyed getting ready for the fair each year.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I always look at it and think,"We should..." and life happens and we don't. DD picked material for another quilt but didnt get it dome in time. We will have to enter it next year.

Also, my mom is part of the Emblem club They rum a taco booth each year and i go help out several days.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont have a close up one on the laptop but here is a pic of her with it displayed at the fair.  It is the purple and yellow rectangle one.

It has frogs, fish, snakes, etc. Actually my oldest son picked out all the material when he was about 3 yo nd my Mom never got around to making the quilt for him so Heidi claimed it.

Quoting oredeb:

my girls use to put their quilts and art work in, they enjoyed getting ready for the fair each year.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

oredeb
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM

jinx that sounds and looks very cute!  i love square pieced quilts

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I dont have a close up one on the laptop but here is a pic of her with it displayed at the fair.  It is the purple and yellow rectangle one.

It has frogs, fish, snakes, etc. Actually my oldest son picked out all the material when he was about 3 yo nd my Mom never got around to making the quilt for him so Heidi claimed it.

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)