Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: resigning from my job, and got a new one!

Posted by   + Show Post
I have to go in today or tomorrow to officially resign from my job with the school district! It will be bittersweet. I LOVE the job and the tiny little school and staff of 20. It is the best school around and if my kids could have stayed there, I'm not sure homeschooling would have ever been a thought. Unfortunately it's just prek and k, so they moved on quickly from the best school, lol.

I have been offered another job as an ABA Therapist (kids with Autism seems to be my specialty ;), the position pays nearly 2x what I was making, so I can work half as many hours and still bring home the same amount. The hours are somewhat flexible, and will probably be around 4-5 hrs a day with travel time, so I should still have time and flexibility to HS.

I am a little anxious, but excited to start this next chapter in my life! I know it's totally off topic, but I just wanted to talk to someone about it! Now I just need to tell my mil and then we can go totally public with our decision to HS :)
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Replies (11-11):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I do understand. I was in a similar position some few years back and made a bit more money than he did but he was as understanding as yours is for you. :)
Right now, both of us are putting together our sales office and both of us are working, him in the field and myself in the office. It is a bit difficult but worth it when it all finally clicks and comes together. I say that as long as everyone is happy or understanding then hoorah for us. :)

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)