Ok, so I want to home school my daughter when she is supposed to start kindergarten but I don't know if I should.
Why I don't know if it would be a good idea.
1. I am currently working 2 part time jobs. (one of which I will probably be quitting soon) and going to school full time to get my teaching degree. I will have just finished m associates degree when she is supposed to start kindergarten, and I will be transferring to another school to get my bachelors.
2. My dd is a social butterfly. She really likes to be around people constantly.
3. Part of 1, I am a single mother so I have to work to provide an income.
4. There is really nothing in this town as far as museums and stuff go.
5. I am a severe introvert so I don't know if I could join a group around here so she would get her social needs met. I have been thinking about putting her in church but until I get my license and a car that is impossible. (The only church I like is 2 miles away and while thats okay for nice weather when it is hot, cold, or rainy the walk is horrible.)
6. As of right now until some point in the future (hopefully) I don't have the money for any trips/ to sign her up for a dance class/ anything extra.
Now the reasons I don't feel I can send her to school.
1. The school district we are in is horrible, the only thing they care about is their high school football team. And I can't just move to another school district. Definitely cant afford to pay tuition for a private school or even a different school district plus all the expenses of gas and everything to get her there.
2. My daughter tends to take on other people's personalities. (Not really sure how to explain this.... she just starts mimicking other people and their habits/nuances/ etc.) This could be really bad if she befriended a bad influence.
3. My daughter is advanced. Very advanced. Her teachers at Headstart are struggling to find things to keep her entertained because she already went through all of the second year program stuff. The only thing she can't do is read and I'm pretty sure she can do that and just hasn't shown it off yet. (I caught her sounding out a book but when she realized I was there she started sing songy making a story up for it) And public schools can't accommodate the advanced students. I should know since I had so many problems from being bored in school.
I want to do what is best for my daughter but what is that? How do I make such an important decision? I want to homeschool but I am afraid I wouldn't be able to have the time to homeschool.