Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Compiling My Curriculum - Math

Posted by   + Show Post

This is probably my second favorite subject to teach (right behind science of course.lol) My boys are just as comfortable with math as with science, so again they are kinda all over the map when it comes to grade levels. But my eldest (who just turned 12) is pretty much in 7th grade and my youngest (at 9) is pretty much in 5th grade..lol. 

Enjoy! 

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / KBM Creations  / Pintrest
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (21-26):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM

LOL I actually feel the same way for realsies because I usually hand put together their stuff but this year I decided just to go with a textbook.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Dang, knew I was forgetting something! LOL, JK

Quoting mem82:

Both my kids have texts books we are using.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Every year I go through the mental debate - put myself through the hassle of finding the tons of resources (not to mention building the curriculum itself) or just getting books. But the few times I caved an got texts they only lasted a month or so before the kids complaining drove me crazier than doing the curriculum. I keep hoping one of these years that the kids will grow to be more like me - I love text books! Grrr. Not so far!

Quoting mem82:

LOL I actually feel the same way for realsies because I usually hand put together their stuff but this year I decided just to go with a textbook.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Dang, knew I was forgetting something! LOL, JK

Quoting mem82:

Both my kids have texts books we are using.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I'm using text books for math although I had intended to plan my own...I felt very overwhelmed and thought a textbook would help guide me or at least give me somewhere to start...we will see how it goes!
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Luck! We mix things up occassionally with using textbooks, but mostly with my boys textbooks don't keep their attention for long. But we've also been homeschooling for over a decade so we're used to the 'joys' of homeschooling..lol

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I'm using text books for math although I had intended to plan my own...I felt very overwhelmed and thought a textbook would help guide me or at least give me somewhere to start...we will see how it goes!

celticdragon77
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Oh shit, you are teaching all of this yourself, without any texts? 

bowing down

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM

So...math is not working for my DD (5th grade) so we shelved the text book.  I remembered this post and I just looked through all of this again.  I think I have to develop her curriculum with lots of hands on and real life things to get her to learn.  So I totally appreciate you putting in all this effort because it has really given me a jumping off point.  I originally wanted the text book since I felt I needed a guide.  Well I like your guide better and now instead of just problems from a text, I will invent activities that are more meaningful to her.  So thank you so so much for sharing this!

Quoting KickButtMama:

Good Luck! We mix things up occassionally with using textbooks, but mostly with my boys textbooks don't keep their attention for long. But we've also been homeschooling for over a decade so we're used to the 'joys' of homeschooling..lol

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN