Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
So before having kids i was a piano teacher/tutor, and i continued on and off while having kids. I taught my younger sister, who is.now 14. Well, when we had lessons she would teach my boys (starting at ages 4,5). Well its been a while since i have done lessons with.her or them. She is pretty independant now on the paino, and i had moved our keyboard in.our house in an area with no.plug and didnt get batteries, dh never got an.extention cord, so we pretty much took.off last year from piano lessons. However when the kids are at my moms they always want to play when she is playing, so she has beenvthe one supervising the kids on her paino. Well, this last time my son pushed the middle "C" key and it broke. My stepdad said he was playing too hard, my sister said he wasnt. So, my guess is that there.have been times they have played tok.rough, but they have never played unsupervised. Anyways, becuase their keyboard broke and mt sister plays daily i let them use ours. They are not on the position financially to buy a new one, and we cant either. Plus i cant find 100% blame for it breaking (wear and tear imo).

Well, i want to get the kids back into piano. My.middle one especially is interested and i dont want that to fade. I was thinking of starting up again, maybe in January. Problem is,.what do I do? If i take the piano back my sister doesnt have one to play on :/
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Replies (11-12):
Precious333
by Julia on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Yes! It is.

Quoting usmom3:

Is it an electric keyboard? I just googled it & there is alot of information on how to fix them, there are even videos showing how!

Quoting Precious333:

I told them to use superglue or something. Not sure if they tried it yet.

Quoting usmom3:

That is a tough one. Have you looked in to seeing about fixing it, that might be cheaper then getting a new one.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Try searching the kind it is with the works "repair keys" & see what comes up it might be an easy fix!

Quoting Precious333:

Yes! It is.

Quoting usmom3:

Is it an electric keyboard? I just googled it & there is alot of information on how to fix them, there are even videos showing how!

Quoting Precious333:

I told them to use superglue or something. Not sure if they tried it yet.

Quoting usmom3:

That is a tough one. Have you looked in to seeing about fixing it, that might be cheaper then getting a new one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN