Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Mobile Photo

One for teacher supplies, one for office supplies, and one for books. I think I'm covered lol. I'm really excited about the books a million card.
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:11 AM

You need something stating that you homeschool, that looks official.  Then they will give you a teachers card.  There are 20% of teacher days and you get anything they think is educational at a discount.

Quoting Bluecalm:

How did you get them? I was thinking about needing one for Barnes and Noble when I bought some books for the boys this morning.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Don't forget half price books, Joann's, and Barnes and nobles!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:30 AM
The only reason I haven't got a Joann's card is I already had Hancocks customer preferred card.

Quoting Boobah:

celticdragon77
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

BAM took over my Borders here - and made it SUCK!! I won't buy a damn thing from them. 

Other than that, awesome about the discount cards!! =) I know that I was able to get a teachers library card at one of the county libraries - but not the other one. Never thought I could get a educators discount at stores - I WILL be checking into this!!

FootballFan12
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Ohh, i want one!! ha

Donna.June
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM

These places have discounts for homeschoolers?

Quoting Boobah:

jenelle_trader
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Awesome!

I have Staples, AC Moore, and Michael's.  They built a brand new 2 story Borders in our mall and turned the old one into a different book store.  I can't remember the name right now, but it syays Buy - Sell -Trade on the bldg.  Haven't made it in there yet.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Yes!! You just have to bring in your approval letter. (So idk if states ith no requirements will be able to get the cards).
I believe they are all 15% off

Quoting Donna.June:

Quoting Boobah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
BAM took over our Borders too and I hate it now too! Lol. Books are so expensive, we just use the library or the Goodwill. Unless its something super specific that we really really want or want to keep.

Quoting celticdragon77:

BAM took over my Borders here - and made it SUCK!! I won't buy a damn thing from them. 

Other than that, awesome about the discount cards!! =) I know that I was able to get a teachers library card at one of the county libraries - but not the other one. Never thought I could get a educators discount at stores - I WILL be checking into this!!

Donna.June
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I live in Texas, so I don't think we have requirements.

Quoting Boobah:

Yes!! You just have to bring in your approval letter. (So idk if states ith no requirements will be able to get the cards).

I believe they are all 15% off

Quoting Donna.June:

Quoting Boobah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN