Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Co-op

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
What is it, can do start doing it when ur lo is 2years old??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:18 PM

A Co-op is a group that co-operatively comes together to offer classes, field trips, or "socialization" opportunities.  It depends on the individual co-op if a 2yo can join in.  Ours does not allow members under pre-k (4).  Our co-op is mostly for the extra classes.  We have a drama class, pottery, painting, creative writing, poetry writing, etc.  Our co-op is for kids ages 4-18.  We have dues AND we have responsibilities like teaching classes or providing the snacks, organizing field trips or social hours, planning and organizing the art/music fair or the 3 plays we put on each year.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Co-ops for homeschooling (which I'm guessing is what you're asking about) are specific meet-up groups that are for homeschooling families to meet and to do school related stuff.  It's also a way for parents to get their children out and around other children around their child's age, so that they can socialize and make friends.

I can't see a homeschooling co-op being so beneficial to your son until he's a little older, however a meet-up group for moms in your area who also have young kids, so your son can meet other toddlers he can play with, might be a good idea.  You can find various types of meet-ups in your area at: http://www.meetup.com/

Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Thank you ladies, yes i am wondering about homeschooling at what age can i start homeschooling him??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)