Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

To do - Friday!

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
What are you doing today?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Our oatmeal burnt in the crockpot last night, so we made breakfast banana splits
We are going to a festival this morning
Coming home for naps for the kids
I am going to take oldest dd to get her ears pierced for her birthday present (8!!!)
Get lettuce and tomatoes from garden to make burritos
Or have pizza movie night, not sure. We will see how the day goes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM
First day at my new job! Yikes!! So I am working just 11-3:30, DH is sleeping (he's working nights) so today will be a real test for the kids to see how they can handle it. DH will be up by 2 knowing him, so they won't be 'alone' too long. I HATED as a kid being home with my dad sleeping, so I'm hoping we don't have to do it this way too often.

DH will make dinner I'm sure, and then I will do some more lesson planning, which seems a bit easier now that I have most of the curriculum picked out, or I will work on finding art and music curriculum.

I already did laundry and got my paperwork ready for today. I'm going to play a game with the kids before I go and make sure they are set for lunch and snacks. I'm a little nervous ;)
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Exciting! Have a great day!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

First day at my new job! Yikes!! So I am working just 11-3:30, DH is sleeping (he's working nights) so today will be a real test for the kids to see how they can handle it. DH will be up by 2 knowing him, so they won't be 'alone' too long. I HATED as a kid being home with my dad sleeping, so I'm hoping we don't have to do it this way too often.

DH will make dinner I'm sure, and then I will do some more lesson planning, which seems a bit easier now that I have most of the curriculum picked out, or I will work on finding art and music curriculum.

I already did laundry and got my paperwork ready for today. I'm going to play a game with the kids before I go and make sure they are set for lunch and snacks. I'm a little nervous ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleshad01
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Laundry
Clean the boys room
Make list for grocery store
Mop floors
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Might go to the children's thingy at the fair grounds... I'm pretty sure it starts today... A swim team friend might drop by on their way, and we'd go w/ them.
If not - cleaning the garage :/
Still have a few more phone calls on getting management company quotes
Calling Home Depot and the current management company and ripping them a new hole
Putting the Sherif's department on speed dial (it's been needed too much lately.... fyi - if you don't want drama in life, never join [by choice or default] a home owner's association board or buy a Dan Ryan home)
Help Mini-man clean his room after Magic School Bus ends on Netflix lol
If I can manage to get the garage clean (which will entail many trips to the recycling center which I think is open today...need to check that too) then moving the old dishwasher out to the garage.
Move some plants from the back yard to the side of the house and start prepping for putting in our garden we'll be using next year :)

MacMamaof5
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Today is the second day of Home School.  Kids suckered me into doing Art I was not prepared for and a Phonics lesson not scheduled, but they insisted on doing actual work.  I was only planning to go over what we will be doing this year and new responsibilities.  I will be doing that today.  Which Chores for which Kid, How to do the chore correctly, and then a fun field trip to the Park to celebrate the Tax Free School Shopping weekend!

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

-morning routine (got most of it done)

-15 minute playroom cleanup (DS asked if tomorrow that DD isn't included, she is 2 and plays more than picks up, lol)

-school

-clean kitchen and dining room

-evening routine

**I am feeling really defeated today because I don't know if the new system is working or not. Some days we left the house and that seems to hinder the process (a lot!) but I also don't want to never be able to do anything ever. It's all about balance, right?

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Wake up...lol
Walk neighbor's dog
Pick up kid 1 from church camp (last 200 mi round trip for this summer)
Antlers (youth program through Elks lodge) tonight
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Cleaning house

Taking pictures to the older kids former babysiter

Cleaning all the animals habitats

Taking the kids to a movie

Taking my niece to see her mom at the hospital

coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM

dishes

laundry

run to lowes

grocery store

clean

work

maybe have one of the kids friends spend the night.

try to get the kids to the pool if the weather clears

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN