Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is everyone ready to get started?

Posted by   + Show Post

This will be the 1st time I have homeschooled my child and neice. My daughter is starting a pre school program and my neice is entering kinergarten. 

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM

We never stop it is just part of our lives to pursue knowledge in its purest form.

kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Yep, I am just about there.  We start on Aug 12th and I can't wait to get into it.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I'm almost ready, it's our first year too. My kids are 10 and 11, 5th and 6th grades. We are starting Sept 3
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM
We're starting in name on the 5th. Dd is just so excited to be a kindergartener and I don't want to keep her waiting. So the 5th we'll do a few fun things and do our first day activities. And she'll be able to say she's in K. But our work won't really change from what we've done over the summer.

For K I really want to have better consistency. So far she has had full call over when we do school and what we do. She loves school so it works, but sometimes we do all science and no math, or go two weeks without doing phonics, or whatever. I'd like to be a bit more even. But I'm not starting that part of K until September sometime.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahNElijah
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM
We have been doing some studies through the summer, so we are taking August off, and will start back after Labor Day weekend. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Yes, I really did not want to stop for summer break. Even after 6 years, I'm still excited about it. LOL

chlippr77
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM
We started "back to school" on the 1st of July. We have one week to go and then we'll take our first week long break. Just happens that the week public school starts here, we will have the week off :) My niece and nephews are jealous cause they have to go to school that week and their cousins get to stay up late.
monkeybunns
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM
No-we've bought hardly and of next year's curriculum but we won't start until the end of Sept or beginning of Oct when public schools go back. They've only been out since mid June here.
ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Not quite ready. We are waiting for our printer to get here from California (we moved back to Indiana from California earlier this year & had to leave a few things back at my in -laws house. The printers were a few of those things). I still need to print out my son's geography curriculum and the rest of my daughter's preschool stuff.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM
No I still have a ton of stuff to do. And I had planned to start 2 weeks ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)