Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I AM DONE

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:21 AM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
All the kids books are ordered at least for a few months until we fiqured out if we like this curriculum or not I think the kids are more excited then I am but that could be because it is 12:19am and they all got to go to bed. But I am glad that all of us had a hand in picking and choosing there are so many to choose from So how many of you would say the kids are more excited then you are or the other way around
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I was excited.  Now I am just exhausted.

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:49 AM

So true Davis05.  So many choices is a good is much better than the alternative where everything is decided for you...P.S.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Yay!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I picked all of our stuff but the kids were pretty excited to pick everything up and get going. 8)

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM

We are all excited. To be honest I have been tempted to start earlier because we are so excited lol but not quite ready. 

Yesterday we did art time & my son (5) painted a pyramid & a mummy because he's so excited about studying Ancient Egypt this year (which wont like so am i. I LOVE LOVE ancient history)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM
My daughter loves it and is excited to start back :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bether89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:17 AM

My 10 year old is not ready to start back.

genieskidcrew
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM
2 moms liked this

My 5th grader will experience his first year being homeschooled and he is about to bust he is so excited!  My oldest one is a junior at our public hs, and he is now having second thoughts about continuing there.  He was given the option to homeschool, but he didn't want to.  Now, he really is kicking himself. 

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM
We kept right on plugging along through "summer break," but we have to stay on top of therapy and can't risk losing ground. I did ease up on the speech portion just a little for over a month, and now LO doesn't mind when I pull out the speech materials. We are starting a new approach science in our homeschooling day.

LO asked to "do science every day," a couple of weeks ago, and the very next day, I found an amazing book at Goodwill for $3.99. It's called "Science Is... A source book of fascinating facts, projects, and activities," and we've already done six of the activities from the book. I've thumbed through (fantastic index!), and I really think this book can be used for pre-K to high school. This book has made me reconsider how and when we are starting science, and each activity is its own topic that can be expanded upon with other books and materials we already have or can find easily. http://www.amazon.com/Science-Is-fascinating-projects-activities/dp/0590740709/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Art and science seem to be LO's subject preferences right now, and I love that because I can work almost any of his therapy into either or both. We've done a lot of arts and crafts in the last couple of months. I'd love to say I am done, but truthfully, my child-led approach to this (out of necessity; I'm a control freak in most other things LOL) means I will likely be shopping for books and materials constantly for this nugget until he heads off to college or wherever his heart and head take him.
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting genieskidcrew:

My 5th grader will experience his first year being homeschooled and he is about to bust he is so excited!  My oldest one is a junior at our public hs, and he is now having second thoughts about continuing there.  He was given the option to homeschool, but he didn't want to.  Now, he really is kicking himself. 

Can he homeschool anyway, or does he have to wait a semester or something per your district/state law? I ask because I withdrew my oldest in his junior year and we had such fun once he started studying what he wanted to, and his choices were so far advanced beyond the PS curriculum. There is also the option of dual enrollment if you have a college nearby. It could be AMAZING for your oldest to get a jump on college if he is so inclined.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN