Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All the kids books are ordered at least for a few months until we fiqured out if we like this curriculum or not I think the kids are more excited then I am but that could be because it is 12:19am and they all got to go to bed. But I am glad that all of us had a hand in picking and choosing there are so many to choose from So how many of you would say the kids are more excited then you are or the other way around
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Replies (11-13):
genieskidcrew
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM

We can take him out whenever, I would just have to research hs requirements and order his curriculum.  He is involved in the school's JROTC program, so he doesn't want to miss that.  He is okay staying in two more years. He will be taking some college classes next year to earn double credits.

Quoting tuffymama:

Quoting genieskidcrew:

My 5th grader will experience his first year being homeschooled and he is about to bust he is so excited!  My oldest one is a junior at our public hs, and he is now having second thoughts about continuing there.  He was given the option to homeschool, but he didn't want to.  Now, he really is kicking himself. 

Can he homeschool anyway, or does he have to wait a semester or something per your district/state law? I ask because I withdrew my oldest in his junior year and we had such fun once he started studying what he wanted to, and his choices were so far advanced beyond the PS curriculum. There is also the option of dual enrollment if you have a college nearby. It could be AMAZING for your oldest to get a jump on college if he is so inclined.

Davis05
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
that is exciting
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I think we trade off who gets more excited. lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)