Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

August 10th is Teacher Day at Big Lots!

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

I went to Big Lots today for the first time in months and found out I went the wrong weekend.  LOL!

Next Saturday is Teacher Day!  You can get 10% off your ENTIRE purchase.

Needless to say, I left the school supplies alone and plan to go back next week.  they have a lot of great stuff and sweet prices.  They even had the multi-colored drawer cart* I've been wanting for a MUCH better price than AC Moore.

*This is my first year homeschooling so I have to get all my organizational/desk/table/bookcases/storage items on top of the usual school supplies.

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It's our first year too, so thanks for sharing this.  I need a bookcase.  I don't want to buy too much else yet because I always go crazy buying stuff and then it doesn't work or we don't use it.  So I'm going to wait and just keep a list going of what could make things easier for us and just buy what I know we will need/use for now.

Angela4boys
by Angela on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Hmmm, thanks for the heads up!

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I found good bookcases for cheap at a gargae sale. Craigslist is another good option.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

It's our first year too, so thanks for sharing this.  I need a bookcase.  I don't want to buy too much else yet because I always go crazy buying stuff and then it doesn't work or we don't use it.  So I'm going to wait and just keep a list going of what could make things easier for us and just buy what I know we will need/use for now.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I had the same thoughts! I checked Craigslist last night and didn't find anything. But I'll keep looking and check garage sales, tis the season for those ;)

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I found good bookcases for cheap at a gargae sale. Craigslist is another good option.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Krystal.Ingalls
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

How do you get the discount?  Do you have to show some kind of proof that you are a homeschool teacher?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)