Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any problems with homeschooling?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 4 Replies

are you having trouble in areas of homeschooling? with kids? family? curriculum? 

what are they? maybe someone can help.

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM

How do I stick to my schedule?  UGH!  I know, totally personal problem but I can't seem to just get us started during the day.  I will get it for a day and then the next something comes up.  This month is supposed to be the "get into the habit of doing this and try to get as far ahead as we possibly can" month and so far......nadda!  Something always seems to come up.

mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

None of the above. It was the charter school I registered my son in. I purchased all the curriculum out from my pocket and the allotment was untouched. I already informed them that my son is seeing a private therapists 3x a week and still want me to take him to local school 3x a week 1/2 hour each because he's registered to the school district homeschool program.

I will be wasting my time on the road driving. My son is well adjusted to our schedule already and he's receiving the quality help from the clinic. I thought that, as long as the child's needs are met, they will be more flexible. Now, I am having seconds thoughts...pull him out and switch to a correspondence school which is less intrusive and still funded by the school district  or private homeschool (don't have to deal with any drama).

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

oredeb
by debbie on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

jw, do you have a certain time you wana start each day?

Quoting jwhit8791:

How do I stick to my schedule?  UGH!  I know, totally personal problem but I can't seem to just get us started during the day.  I will get it for a day and then the next something comes up.  This month is supposed to be the "get into the habit of doing this and try to get as far ahead as we possibly can" month and so far......nadda!  Something always seems to come up.

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I would like to start by at least 10am, because I figure we could start and my 2YO could listen in on the stories (we are doing the 4YO's work first).  Then when she goes down for nap, we finish the 6YO's stuff and be done by 12- 12:30.  Even if we had a little to do in the afternoon, it would be better than what we are doing now (which is all of it in the afternoon, after getting lunch, and ready for nap/quiet time.  I know it is selfish but I need about 1/2 hour in the afternoon, just to sit in quiet.  LOL  with 3 kids and one on the way, I know that quiet seems ironic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)