Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

homeschool nesting help lol

Posted by   + Show Post
Heu everyone! Im nesting big time right now, trying to figure out how to set up for homeschooling. I have four kids, but only two are school age, 5,7. We dont do too much work at the table, but enough to where we need some.sort of change. Right now the little table we have is going down hill fast, and plus it leaves them.with very little room. We do have a long coffee table from ikea that we can get out, but it takes up a lot of room im open to suggestions. Posting pics in a minute.
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Replies (11-15):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids got lap desks for their birthdays, I think they will use those more than the table. But that won't help for science and stuff. I think I would get one of those bigger plastic type tables that you can fold in half to store.
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought the same thing or some of those lap desks.

They had some of those at Michael's

You can find lap desks like this at any Wal-mart or Target.

Quoting mem82:

TV trays

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Quoting Precious333:

You may even think about htting up a flea market or two or some yard/garage sales to look for yourself a table. Maybe even think about putting together some flat top short bookshelves to use as a table top for schoolwork.

Oh, so sorry for my mis spelled words. :(
Precious333
by Julia on Aug. 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, i do it all the time!

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Precious333:

You may even think about htting up a flea market or two or some yard/garage sales to look for yourself a table. Maybe even think about putting together some flat top short bookshelves to use as a table top for schoolwork.

Oh, so sorry for my mis spelled words. :(

chlippr77
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Last year (different house, less space) everyone used a clipboard and a backpack. I would load all of their work for the day (we used mostly worksheets I'd printed off the internet for our curriculum) in the backpack (and all their pencils, crayons, rulers, etc.). They'd grab their backpack & clipboard (I'd leave specific notes or instructions on the clipboard so it didn't go in their bag, I wanted to make sure they saw it everyday), and go to whatever part of the house they wanted to work in. This year we're using file boxes ($10 @ Wal-Mart) instead of the backpacks. They have compartments on the top for school supplies. Sometimes one or more will sit on the floor and use the box as a desk/table. They can still use their clipboards if they want, and we bought a set of TV trays at the second hand store which they can get if they want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN