Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Teaching textbooks math?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
Anyone else use this. We are trying it this year. Dd is going into 5th, going to start tt7.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Not used it as I write all of my own curriculum. Here is a bump for you though.
kyfiregirl
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

what curriculum is it??? is it a certian brand??? ive heard good stuff about math u see and saxon but havent tried them! I really need to find a good math for my 1st 3rd and 5th grader

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I love TT for my DS with ADHD. He does so well with it!

It is about 1/2 a year behind most PS math but since you can work at your own pace, they easily get ahead.

I also love MUS. It teaches things a bit differently than traditional American schools but my oldest was pulled from PS after 3rd and transitioned into it well. We had to review sometimes but he picked it up fast. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it for the k-4th mastery of the basics and learning the facts.
jeng1980
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

We just started TT4 for my 4th grader.  He loves it and I do too!

calimom1123
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Yeah its a math curriculum on cd rom that teaches the kids and has them do the work on computer. Check out the website, I think its teachingtextbooks.com .

Quoting kyfiregirl:

what curriculum is it??? is it a certian brand??? ive heard good stuff about math u see and saxon but havent tried them! I really need to find a good math for my 1st 3rd and 5th grader

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I had it for a bit, but got rid of it rather quickly.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

tbrookover
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I have found it to run a bit behind PS.....but it is an awesome program when you get both the CDs and the workbooks.

calimom1123
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Why is that?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I had it for a bit, but got rid of it rather quickly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimom1123
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:16 PM
We got it today and dd tried out 3 lessons and loves it. She actually wanted to do more! I dont worry about it being behind since dd is only 8 and its a 7th grade level..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Koltie6
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM
We used it for 3rd and 4th. I plan on using it again this year for 5th.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)