Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kids and Their Interests...

Posted by   + Show Post
So, mama's, what are your kids' interests this year?
Are they any different from last year?
Tell me about them. :)

undefined

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
The 8 year old loves to read, and a new interest is her baby doll. She also loves crafts and running.

4 year old also loves the baby doll and is starting to be interested in letters, and swinging!

The 1 year old is all of a sudden interested in this stupid toy computer. It's so noisy, I'm ready to get rid of it. Lol. She loves animals of any kind, and bugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
My little guy loves cars and gears, taking things apart and making me put them back together, good guys and bad guys, legos, riding his bike, and playing with "his friends" (a line has now been drawn between his friends and his big sisters friends in the neighborhood lately) My daughter still likes Barbies, animals, astronomy, rocks, plants (I call her a bag lady because she goes around the entire neighborhood just picking up everything for her "collection"), swimming, and roller blading.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Wacky-Bird-Houses-Feeders/dp/1565236793

We bought this birdhouse plan book for him and he is reading it and earmarking all the ones he wants to build.  They did a nice simple one from reclaimed wood and an olive oil can (for the roofing) last year, but he wants to learn to use the scroll saw this year.

He got into bowling on the wii and when we went to the lanes and they looked a lot like the ones on the game it blew.his.mind!  LOL.  There was a woman on my mom's league that was pregnant, it was adorable!!  They took this picture of her holding the ball next to her with the belly sticking out around it!  Oh, so cute!!

Quoting kirbymom:

Zelda!!!! I like Zelda myself. Lol so do all of my kids. I also like Infiana Jones. So adventerous!! :) I wanted to be like that. History was my favorite growing up.
I have an uncle who builds birdhouses for a hobby. He is really good at making them.
Bowling! When I was pregnant with my 5th child, I was on a bowling league. It was funny, watching me bowl at 8 months pregnant. LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

8yo--- Indiana Jones (that has helped with history lessons!!), volcanoes, diet (nutrition), building (he wants to make birdhouses and birdfeeders this winter with his dad.)

6yo--- Still Zombies LOL, legos, sidewalk chalk, drawing and art, learning to cook.

4yo--- telling stories, bowling, scissors, bike riding, and Zelda

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol - I DO have that more than one fella in the house, obsessive like, issue. The live to talk about space and electricity and things of that nature. Good thing I am interested too. lol

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Wow! 2 more of my interests. I love to read and I love skating. When I was about their age, respectively, I wanted to be a skater too. I also had eyesight problems and had the world opened up for me after getting glasses. I didn't even know there were leaves on the trees until after putting on glasses. Green was my favorite color for a short time. lol

Quoting coala:

I have one who is learning to enjoy reading......that is a HUGE step since last year. This same child has decided that she wants to try speed skating so that is a new interest.  She is being "drug" to 3 of 4 practices a week for the next 2 mos.  Through September they are doing boot camp and if she can survive it we will let her compete.  She is pretty dang good if you ask me for someone who hasn't had any formal coaching in this area.  She is only 4 seconds slower than the slowest kid in her division on our team.

My youngest just got her glasses so the world is opening up to her.  I have seen VAST improvements in almost EVERY area for her.  So, we will see what this year brings for her.  She also wants to take skating lessons, but isn't at the level that they will take her on for private lessons yet.....she has to get past level 2 in skating and she has been here for MONTHS.  I have talked to one of the coaches and he is willing to take her on as a recreational skater taking lessons.....so we are going to try that to see if we can get any improvements in her skating.  She wants to learn to do the pretty dancing on her skates and I want to see her accomplish that.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Oh wow! Is this an exclusive club or can anyone join? lol. Because I have 2 boys that would only focus on math if the could. They base everything they do on mathematics. :)

Quoting kmath:

coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My LO is super excited because she is going to take her first lesson next week with a coach that she adores.  My oldest just shaved .6 seconds off her lap last night.  I'm such a proud momma today.  If she hadn't had to recover from nearly falling twice she may have pulled something in the 17 second range for her lap.  She is actually right up there with the "slowest" kid on our team and he has been skating for over a year.

Quoting kirbymom:

Wow! 2 more of my interests. I love to read and I love skating. When I was about their age, respectively, I wanted to be a skater too. I also had eyesight problems and had the world opened up for me after getting glasses. I didn't even know there were leaves on the trees until after putting on glasses. Green was my favorite color for a short time. lol

Quoting coala:

I have one who is learning to enjoy reading......that is a HUGE step since last year. This same child has decided that she wants to try speed skating so that is a new interest.  She is being "drug" to 3 of 4 practices a week for the next 2 mos.  Through September they are doing boot camp and if she can survive it we will let her compete.  She is pretty dang good if you ask me for someone who hasn't had any formal coaching in this area.  She is only 4 seconds slower than the slowest kid in her division on our team.

My youngest just got her glasses so the world is opening up to her.  I have seen VAST improvements in almost EVERY area for her.  So, we will see what this year brings for her.  She also wants to take skating lessons, but isn't at the level that they will take her on for private lessons yet.....she has to get past level 2 in skating and she has been here for MONTHS.  I have talked to one of the coaches and he is willing to take her on as a recreational skater taking lessons.....so we are going to try that to see if we can get any improvements in her skating.  She wants to learn to do the pretty dancing on her skates and I want to see her accomplish that.

kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, feel free to join them up.  It is good to know my son isn't the only one that is a math freak! 

Quoting kirbymom:

Oh wow! Is this an exclusive club or can anyone join? lol. Because I have 2 boys that would only focus on math if the could. They base everything they do on mathematics. :)

Quoting kmath:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM
That is fantastic!! That should be a boon to your ability as a teacher and show you that you can teach and do a great job too.
Way to go mom!! :)

Quoting mommy4lyf:

He wants to be homeschooled full time now. I had a problem before because when we first started he doesn't like it. Now, he loves math and reading doesn't upset him anymore.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Don't you just love noisy toys?! lol
I love all of these interests!
They sound soo adorable!

Quoting Boobah:

The 8 year old loves to read, and a new interest is her baby doll. She also loves crafts and running.

4 year old also loves the baby doll and is starting to be interested in letters, and swinging!

The 1 year old is all of a sudden interested in this stupid toy computer. It's so noisy, I'm ready to get rid of it. Lol. She loves animals of any kind, and bugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN