Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kids and Their Interests...

Posted by   + Show Post
So, mama's, what are your kids' interests this year?
Are they any different from last year?
Tell me about them. :)

undefined

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Replies (21-30):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Sounds do fascinating. Like you are constantly busy with someone's interest. Lol. Never ending energy. :)
I used to go around and collect rocks when I was about 7-9. I actually had an amazing collection that lasted well into my young adult years, that's how interested I was in rock collecting. :)

Quoting No_Difference:

My little guy loves cars and gears, taking things apart and making me put them back together, good guys and bad guys, legos, riding his bike, and playing with "his friends" (a line has now been drawn between his friends and his big sisters friends in the neighborhood lately)

My daughter still likes Barbies, animals, astronomy, rocks, plants (I call her a bag lady because she goes around the entire neighborhood just picking up everything for her "collection"), swimming, and roller blading.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kmath:

Lol - Great! I will add my hubby too as he is where the kids get their love of math from. He is teaching them to do the math, all math, in their head. Gah! I can barely keep up. lol
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM
[quote name="coala" id="0"][/quote

That is awesome! She is doing great! You SHOULD be proud. You might have a professional in your midst. :)
kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, I am not that good.  I can do add/sub and some multiplication and division in my head but I can't hold a ton of numbers in my head so I can't do huge numbers!  Your hubby want to work with my son on that as well?  LOL

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting kmath:

Lol - Great! I will add my hubby too as he is where the kids get their love of math from. He is teaching them to do the math, all math, in their head. Gah! I can barely keep up. lol

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kmath:

Lol - Me too. I am not that great but I do okay. Hubby on the other hand does quantum math in his head. Which means he has a multiple placement value in there! That scares the bejeebers out off. LOL

He could definitely help your son. He is quite adept at helping other people learn after they have tried everything they can think of to learn something. So, yes, he would help teach that, if you wanted.
mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. Now I know that a mother really knows best.

Quoting kirbymom:

That is fantastic!! That should be a boon to your ability as a teacher and show you that you can teach and do a great job too.

Way to go mom!! :)

Quoting mommy4lyf:

He wants to be homeschooled full time now. I had a problem before because when we first started he doesn't like it. Now, he loves math and reading doesn't upset him anymore.

kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh man, that is scary.  He has an amazing mind to be able to do that.  D is really good at math, just not in his head yet, but we are working on it.  I figure as long as he is enjoying it and understands it, he is doing well.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting kmath:

Lol - Me too. I am not that great but I do okay. Hubby on the other hand does quantum math in his head. Which means he has a multiple placement value in there! That scares the bejeebers out off. LOL

He could definitely help your son. He is quite adept at helping other people learn after they have tried everything they can think of to learn something. So, yes, he would help teach that, if you wanted.

wowguildmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

DS1: Space, Maps (ongoing for years), Iron Chef

DD: Violin, fairies, cooking

DS2: Legos, building

DS3: Alphabet, Legos, 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Space seems to be one of the main interests that keep showing up. I love space. There is still so much to explore and contemplate yet.
Now the Iron Chef interest is new but awesome. We will watch it around here and copy some if the recipes from memory. :)

Quoting wowguildmomma:

wowguildmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest is super in love with it to the point he tells me one day he will be one. 

Quoting kirbymom:

Space seems to be one of the main interests that keep showing up. I love space. There is still so much to explore and contemplate yet.
Now the Iron Chef interest is new but awesome. We will watch it around here and copy some if the recipes from memory. :)

Quoting wowguildmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)