Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kids and Their Interests...

Posted by   + Show Post
So, mama's, what are your kids' interests this year?
Are they any different from last year?
Tell me about them. :)

undefined

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Replies (31-34):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Quoting wowguildmomma:

That is great. You never know. Maybe he will. :)
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My hubby thinks I'm nuts...with my daughter's interest in nature so much we're going to sign her up for 4H this year if all goes well, and we're going to attempt girl scouts too. Little guy just asked about baseball now, and both out of the blue started begging for soccer and swim. I forsee a very very busy year of sports, animals, and collections lol. I'll see if I can keep up with it all. I may have to admit myself by the end of next summer LOL

Quoting kirbymom:

Sounds do fascinating. Like you are constantly busy with someone's interest. Lol. Never ending energy. :)
I used to go around and collect rocks when I was about 7-9. I actually had an amazing collection that lasted well into my young adult years, that's how interested I was in rock collecting. :)

Quoting No_Difference:

My little guy loves cars and gears, taking things apart and making me put them back together, good guys and bad guys, legos, riding his bike, and playing with "his friends" (a line has now been drawn between his friends and his big sisters friends in the neighborhood lately)

My daughter still likes Barbies, animals, astronomy, rocks, plants (I call her a bag lady because she goes around the entire neighborhood just picking up everything for her "collection"), swimming, and roller blading.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids main goals this year include learning real computer programming, they want to make a 'better' Minecraft app, so they are take some code.org classes and are greedily soaking up the knowledge. They are also very into ancient Egypt this year, so much so that I'll be teaching a co-op class on it. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Awesome! My two oldest boys had the same idea. They love that game. They think they could improve upon it somehow. I told them they had to take HTML and learn some graphics codes and designs. I want them to learn it the hard way first so when they learn the modern way of design and code, it will be easier for them and they should be able to master it more quickly. At least that is what I am hoping.

Quoting KickButtMama:

My kids main goals this year include learning real computer programming, they want to make a 'better' Minecraft app, so they are take some code.org classes and are greedily soaking up the knowledge. They are also very into ancient Egypt this year, so much so that I'll be teaching a co-op class on it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN