Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Need help to start with homeschooling

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello, 

I am new to this group. My name is Amber. I am 27 years old and have 3 children. We have just relocated to Montana. My husband and I are looking to homeschool our 2 older children but I have no idea where to start. 

Is there any way someone can guide me in the right direction? I wanted to go through K12 but they aren't available in my state.

I am up to date on the homeschooling law in this state. But I just have no clue where to start.

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Replies (11-14):
mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I started slowly... every weekend and holidays. This group helped me a lot. You can avoid buying curriculum that will not work for your kids.

Davis05
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:57 PM

We atarted out using ACE and love it.  It is done by levels and their skill levels then we supplement writting and essay because it lacks that and we add science experiments

maggiemom2000
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting abecenti79:

does anyone have any experience with the "Time4Learning.com" site? 

My kids and I loved the time4learning site! We used it for a few years. We mostly used it for math and language, and I supplemented with books and hands on science. It think it is particularly good for someone who is just starting out because it gives you a good framework to build on, helps you know what to expect for different grade levels. The lessons were fun and engaging. I also liked that the levels were flexible and you can go up and down as needed based on what the child is ready for.

butterfly112505
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM

We love Time for Learning! We do switched on school house and use time for learning along with it. It works really great for us. I also have workbooks for the things she struggles with for extra practice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN