Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you remember your first 'ah ha' moment?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

For me it last week when I posted about teachable moments and someone replied with something along the lines of 'you just learned what unschooling is'.

I read about unschooling but my structured public school educated brain couldn't quite grasp the concept. Until that post. That was my first 'ah ha!' moment. It really helps with my confidence that I can do this.

Do you remember your first homeschooling 'ah ha' moment? The moment when you just KNEW you could  do this? 

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I have been self taught in just about everything, so my "Ah ha" moment was when I first learned what unschooling was & realized I had been doing it with myself all along so of coarse I could do it with my children.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I had one just this morning, actually. LOL I seem to get them after I've been feeling low for a while.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Yesterday, Cole and I had a *bad* day in Math. He started off fine but somewhere we got off track. He got upset, I got upset even though I KNOW this is the path to disaster. Finally, I called it quits, and was really feeling like a failure.

Today, we pick it up and BOOM all the information that wasn't making sense to him yesterday had dug in overnight. He didn't even need a review, just sat down and busted it out. AH HA! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN