Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I can feel it coming...independence!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this

OOH ladies! I can feel it coming. My son (starting grade 2) is starting to gain some serious independence! I'm so excited. Actually both of my school aged kiddos are being more independent. My dd (5, grade 1) is heading that direction too. But..I can really feel it with my DS. He did his first math lesson in his new book today. Granted a little of it was review, however he read all the instructions and only needed a little bit of my instructions to move forward. Yes. Sadly..I am that mom that day dreams about the day I can outline a weeks worth of school at a time and just set them to doing it. Then grade on the weekend. I will never be completely hands off(we love doing devotions, science and history together), but it will be nice to not have to be chained to my table until all three of them are done each day.

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM

yea!!!!! exciting!!

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Aug. 7, 2013 at 6:39 AM

You are not the only one........just sayin'!  LOL  Congrats!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Everyone likes a little independence from their kids! I occasionally see the light at the end of the tunnel but I have a 1 year old so it's pretty far off. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Happy for you!!!..
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I am working with my son to get him a little more independent this year. His brother will be in K next year so I'll need to have more time for that.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I'm right there with you!

Quoting Boobah:

Everyone likes a little independence from their kids! I occasionally see the light at the end of the tunnel but I have a 1 year old so it's pretty far off. Lol

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Awesome!

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Aug. 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Lol yeah. My youngest is 2.5..I have a long time until they will all three be working independently. I will enjoy the time with them now, while anxiously awaiting the freedom of the future. ;)

Quoting Boobah:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Congrats!

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Oh and I am so with you there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)