Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I think my new bedtime is 8pm...

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today I took DS to his summer camp/class 40 min away (we call it his first HS class, lol, it's our first thing with the hs group), it's only 2 hours long and I have to be closeby so I stayed in the store (it was at the microsoft store) and just did some computer stuff and also had them check something on my computer for me.

Then I drive about 30 min to drop DS off with DH and DD at DH's grandmother's house where they were doing some work.  Then I drove just over an hour to get myself some lunch and go to work.  Where it was my second day so I spent 3 hours doing those stupid elearning things that are all common sense.  Then drove 20 min home...where I have done nothing, lol, DH made dinner-I ate it and sat around.  Oh and I took a shower.

If this is how tired I will be after a day of schooling and working for 3 hours, I will not make it much past 8pm every night, lol.  I am hoping it was all the driving and that I typically will not be this exhausted!

Do you work and HS?  Or is HSing exhausting enough for you?

by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I do not work outside of the house but I do all of the finances & house hold management. Some days I am tiered & worn out just from everyday stuff & wonder how parents with kids in PS & all kinds of activity's dose it all.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM

HSing is exhausting enough for me.  I did 5 hours today, then I did the library, the close grocery store, Wal-Mart, the other grocery store, made dinner, and could have passed out an hour ago.  :)

wowguildmomma
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a SAHM but between HS, DD violin lesson, shopping, cleaning, yardwork and the remodeling projects I am zombie momma by 9pm. It takes nearly propping my eyes open to stay up and spend time with DH some nights.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM
OMG! Let me first say that driving is VERY exhausting in and of itself. I used to drive for a living. (700+ miles, 7 days a week)
That is more than likely why you were so exhausted. Drink some warm decaffiinated tea and have an hour's soak. Then go to bed. You should feel better.
Also, HS can get exhausting but it is one of those exhausted feelings that is satisfying and rewarding at the same time. Like after a good excersize routine.
Knightquester
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I think most of the homeschooling moms I am close to also work, but I don't.  Two of them work part-time,  one of them is full-time but her own hours and they also don't go to bed early.  I go to bed pretty late too, usually it doesn't matter how the day went or how tired I am, I still go to bed between 11pm-12am, unless I'm sick.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont work outside of the home, but I do volunteer quite a bit.  That alone can be exhausting.  We have been so busy this summer, I'm really looking forward to doing next to nothing these next couple of weeks before we start back up with school

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Eek! I'd be exhausted too from all that running around! I try to only have 1 thing a day - co-op, work, whatever. I can't survive w/ more than one thing....and those brainless learning things at new jobs make me utterly exhausted as well...like my brain says, "this is pointless, so I'll just shut down a while" lol

kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Driving is exhausting!  I work (thankfully I can take DS with me) and during the school year I do a lot of driving for work.  I am so tired when I get home on those days. 

gacgbaker
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I have three part time jobs and homeschool- somedays 8pm is definetly bed time, even other times 6 or 7!  lol!  You do get used to doing what you have to do- as everyone does, I'm sure.  It does help that I do those jobs at home, so I don't have the running around to do on top of it- that would be more tiring I think.  Driving around just really can take it out of you for some reason. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

We own our own business, I do the financing for the home and the business and I run the conferences.  Some days I am exhausted when I get done, other days I'm too wired to sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN