Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Trying to decide....

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ugh, it's that time again...time for me to choose what to teach for our local co-op. I always stress myself out over what to teach. I was asked to come teach at a middle/high school level co-op so I'll be teaching German, Algebra 1/Geometry, and The 21at Nome (a project class based on the Kane Chronicles book series).

But our regular co-op only goes up to age 13. I think I'll offer a 21st Nome class there as well, but I wanted to cut back to just 2 classes, 3 at the most. A couple of kids asked me to teach a science class, but I don't know what I should focus on....last year I did anatomy & physiology, the year before that I did integrated science (which covered a little bit of physics, chemistry, etc)..... So I don't know. I've taught Latin there before so I was thinking of maybe doing the German...I don't know....what would interest your kids?

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / KBM Creations  / Pintrest
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
oredeb
by on Aug. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

same here at our coop shannon, ive grilled all the kids on what they wana learn about, so it will probably be something about  nutrition, poetry, and  diseases, oh and genetics also.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hmm. My older child (12 today!) would probably be interested in anything gross or Harry Potter, lol. She'd love a potions (chemistry) class.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM
My 7 year old was excited about a science experiment class they are offering at our co-op but the class filled way to quickly so she will be doing a hands on history class instead. I think she will enjoy it and next year I will make sure she gets her science class. And I picked a hands on science this year.
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

My kids would love all of the above, lol.  More than once I've wished I lived where ever it is you live just so they could join in on some of the fun classes you talk about in these forums.

If you do Science then you could do maybe a different type, either Earth, or you could do the different types of Energies, there are so many projects you can make using wind, solar, or even electric powered energy that kids love.

Maybe e-mail each family an online poll of what their children want, ask them to have their child choose two classes and have a list of classes and e-mail you back their answer of what they want.  Then pick the most popular two classes.

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I know that the Junk Drawer Robot class at our last co-op filled up in, like, 10 minutes. It was really popular.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM
What about doing a modern Alchemy class? With your knowledge and know how you would be virtually limitless in projects.

Just a suggestion - lol
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I have no suggestions but I think the other Moms have some great ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)