Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our first day back

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

We started back schooling today after a nice summer break.  Ds1(10) worked really hard today and finished his work much more quickly than last year.  Ds2(4) was very hyped up and disturbed his brother, but I am hoping that he will settle down once we are back in the routine of things.  Ds2 worked in his workbooks and on abcmouse.com for his school.

Tomorrow will be our first day of co-op and we are all excited to see how it goes.  DS1 will be taking art, Tae Kwan Do, and Little House on the Praire Primer classes. 

by on Aug. 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this
We started back today also.

Dd1 was very distracted and lost track so she did not finish.

Dd2 finished quickly and went and played.

Ds did well focusing and finished his work quickly, not that he had a lot at 4.

Dd3 also did all her work and stayed right there with her brother. She is 3.
JayDee38
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I was thinking of starting next week, maybe Wednesday. The kids know it is coming, I should probably have this decision made by now... but I'm procrastinating a bit!

All of the curriculum I ordered over the summer has come in. I had a lot of what I wanted math, science, and history, but got all new stuff from Zaner-Bloser for language arts. DS (8) is really doing well with the math and science, so I'm trying to focus more on LA. We're going to be doing a lot of spelling practice and informational text reading strategies and plan to get more into learning different writing strategies. I want to see if I can get him to start a journal, even if it is mostly doodles and just a little bit of writing. DD (4) is going to be a little bit more relaxed, but we're going to focus on handwriting for starters, and very simple math.

I listed the links below in case you were interested in looking :)

http://www.zaner-bloser.com/spelling-connections

http://www.zaner-bloser.com/read-real

http://www.zaner-bloser.com/zaner-bloser-handwriting

kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you had such a great first day!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Your first day seems to be a great start!
How did your co op class go?
mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
That is great! It's hard to start after a break. We didn't stop but Monday was our first day back. Can't hardly feel the difference.
bether89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom:

Your first day seems to be a great start!
How did your co op class go?

My 4 year old really liked music class and playing with the other kids.  My 10 year old liked the Tae Kwan Do class the best and he was sore the next couple of days.  So he got a pretty good work out.   I taught my first class for the 4 year olds and it went pretty well.  We were happy and tired at the end of the day.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you got a smooth start!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Quoting bether89:

Sounds like everyone had a day of focus and fun. Accomplishment is such a great feeling, isn't it?! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)