Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Facebook Post Spin Off

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 13 Replies

Do you post on social media (facebook, twitter, instagram etc...) updates, pictures, accomplishments or anything else relating to your homeschooling?

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Everyday. Sometimes a few times.

I try not to make anything preachy or anything. Like I'll post something about how Cole read X book for the first time or something silly like, "Who knew there was so much Algebra in Pre Algebra?"

Most labs get posted, too, if only because the kids do something adorable during them. I have a small FB group, though, of 40 friends and family. Almost half is family so they are all interested in it, you know?

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, often.  But I have my husband check it because apparently I sound like I am bragging and saying my kids are better than others.  When all I post is my 7 year old will be reading The Chronicles of Narnia this year.  Or I go to state that her teacher (from CAVA last year) says she is reading at a 4th or 5th grade level. (She just started 2nd grade)

bether89
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Sometimes, but I am not a big poster on facebook.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I don't go on facebook that much anymore because it was causing some issue with me and DH.  But when I do and I post, it's typically about my kids.  I didn't post for months, but then made a special birthday post for each of them-one in June and one in July.  Then I posted after I resigned from my job, acknowledging my amazing coworkers.  Then today I did my "coming out" post, lol.

I think I will post now and then.  Like we are sending ping pong balls to space, I think that's pretty awesome, lol.  Oh in June I also posted pics of us releasing the butterflies we had since caterpillars.  So probably mostly science-y stuff will be posted since that's fun and includes pictures :)

oredeb
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

instagram(family and close friends) facebook( family only) yes i post on those, i bet the ones on instragram are tired of getting pictures of my yard!hahahahaa

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Yep! At least once a day if not more. I'm proud of what my kids do and learn and want to share it. If someone doesn't like it they can chose to ignore it.
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Nope but I don't post anything personal on there!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Aug. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Usually only when we do something fun or special.
Definitely not daily.
kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Not often, I did for his first day of school.  I might post if he does something really cool, but it probably won't be often.

mhaney03
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I do sometimes. usually not pics, because i'm too busy to man the camera.  Sometimes when they do something extra silly or have a breakthrough I will post a status about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN