Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Woot! Missie got a perfect on her quiz! Let's celebrate the triumphs in here!

Posted by   + Show Post
8) So happy the evil Distributive Property section went better than expected. I feel like I should get a gold star, too!
Where have you guys made some triumphs this week? Tell us even if it is just convincing your toddler to flush. 8)
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Replies (11-19):
kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

DS got an 100% on his spelling test today!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay for all of us! It's great hearing about everyone doing so well!
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM

DS1 won a prize through the library for being one of the top 36 readers in their summer program.  I was so proud of him that we kept up with it through the whole summer.  Hopefully next summer he will be reading on his own(not that I don't like reading to him but I feel like I will hold him back with three others to care for) and he will do even better.  27 hours of reading WOOHOO!

Davis05
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

We finished week one with no tears and on a fun note with a game

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Isn't that a beautiful thing?! LOL I like to call those red letter weeks.

Quoting Davis05:

We finished week one with no tears and on a fun note with a game

TidewaterClan
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:25 AM
First week and my daughter loves school. She's been smiling (except for math) almost the entire time and works to get everything done just so we can do extra science!
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM

My triumph actually isn't currently my daughter's triumph.   My triumph is that I made her take a grade of 68% on exponents (she knows them VERY well) and the power of 10.   

She made numerous mistakes just because she was doing long divisions/multiplications in her head instead of just writing an occasional problem.

So, when she got the 68%... I didn't let her fix it and change her grade any.     I actually feel that's a triumph for me to not help her do better. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM
You know, I had to do that with Missie and it worked.

Quoting KrissyKC:

My triumph actually isn't currently my daughter's triumph.   My triumph is that I made her take a grade of 68% on exponents (she knows them VERY well) and the power of 10.   

She made numerous mistakes just because she was doing long divisions/multiplications in her head instead of just writing an occasional problem.

So, when she got the 68%... I didn't let her fix it and change her grade any.     I actually feel that's a triumph for me to not help her do better. 

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure if it worked on Kaycee yet.   It was only two of her worksheets so far, and her tests are so short that she only makes 2-3 careless mistakes on them and is still earning B's on them.  

She's the type of kid that unless it REALLY makes her uncomfortable, she just shrugs off negative results. She is VERY difficult to discipline and "train up" because of this.   Things have to get REALLY bad before she cares enough to change her behavior. 

Wish me luck on my follow through on this... because she HAS to start caring about EVERY problem being correct and done well for her to really be successful in high school and college courses.

Quoting mem82:

You know, I had to do that with Missie and it worked.

Quoting KrissyKC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN