Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Spelling programs

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

I was just wondering which people prefer and why, All About Spelling vs Soaring with Spelling. I have both in my cart right now and can not decide between the two.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I googled "homeschool style quiz" and several things popped up.   Sorry, I didn't see the post, but maybe that would help.

mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I will be using Sequential Spelling on top of this http://www.clicknkids.com/ I am not sure what grade level/s your kid/s are. My son loves the clicknspell.

Sorry, I can't help you with All About Spelling and Soaring with Spelling.

BrittO2
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM

The kids are Kindergarten and 2nd grade.  I haven't heard about Sequential Spelling, how do the children like it? 

BrittO2
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

I googled "homeschool style quiz" and several things popped up.   Sorry, I didn't see the post, but maybe that would help.

Me and my husband have almost the exact same homeschool style according to the quizzes we have taken.We both are mostly Charlotte Mason, though I believe the style we are going with would be considered eclectic. The kids are the complete opposite of each other so I have no clue if they will both thrive with the same programs or not. 

celticdragon77
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I have not looked into Soaring With Spelling. 

I used LOE which covered Phonics, spelling, and grammar. It only lasts 40 days and so when I was done I feared that the kids would forget the phonics/spelling. I wanted a continous repition. I had seen and liked AAS already, so I went with that. I like the way the program is set up (the index cards and box system, the magnets...). But mainly it came down to be just a very thorough phonics/spelling rules curriculum. The rules are the core to reading and spelling. 

tattoo ~my blogs

Homeschooler by day  ★Links   ★Mamta

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I write my own spelling lessons.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:04 PM
We used all about spelling and loved it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN