Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

i am almost panicked!

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

i'm really hoping the fear and worry is a good thing - like a sign that I know this is important, profound and not easy.

But I just orderd a ton of my homeschool curriculum materials. I did get a lot used and some on ebay cheap. I am sort of replicating school at home, but my attitude is that if it ever feel like yelling and scolding - then revet to all the unschool philosphy I've read. My goal is to do math every day and reading every day. Everything else is choice. And even the reading has a ton of choice. Math is the only curriculum I plan to go by the book.

Aside from ordering materials, I have no other plan! I was going to spend our first day of school having my son help me make up his daily and weekly schedule. I was going to have him help me make a template in Word we can print out and fill in what we did each day.

I'm still worried....

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

You are going to do great!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM

The homeschooler's day/curriculum/life is an ever changing beast. LOL You won't be doing what you are doing on your first day in 3 months. In 3 months, you won't be doing what you will be doing in 6 months. Just try to go with it.

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

This is so true!

Quoting mem82:

The homeschooler's day/curriculum/life is an ever changing beast. LOL You won't be doing what you are doing on your first day in 3 months. In 3 months, you won't be doing what you will be doing in 6 months. Just try to go with it.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM
You sound like you are off to a great start! Like men said, you will be doing things differently in 3 months, 6 months and so on just because your son will be doing more and wanting more challenges and different interests. Are going to do just fine.
Try to remember that homeschooling just means you can tweak and tweak until things fit just right with how you and your family learn. You can push him when and if he needs it and you can be laid back when and if he needs it. Explore the world all around you. You can use math to open up other cultures and other centuries and then bounce from that into a spelling word or lesson or straight into animal science if he likes to learn about animals. The world is our classroom!
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me :) life lessons and field trips are better remembered than text book lessons anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)