Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
My dh is a right brain learner and I am left brained...that being said I know my kids could go either way.I want to have both learning styles invovled in my curriculum just to make sure both children are learning to the fullest potential.Question is should I just use both styles in my curriculum so they both use both sides of their brains or find out how they learn best and strictly use that style of learning? Will keeping both styles in their studies benefit or hurt them in the long run?
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Replies (11-11):
mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM
My son loves to draw so I use it before math. He does Arts in the morning and a form of warm up exercise before Math. He picked Math to be the second subject and wants to do ixl.com before workbook. Not all math workbooks work for him (it needs to be plain black and white prints and the graphics are smaller).

For reading, I combined online and dvd coz he's visual and auditory learner. I did not learn this overnight or planned it. It's a trial and error.

My son is a right brainer but I want also to develop his left brain. I think you will need to experiment on different materials to use.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN