Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Need a 3rd grade science curriculum!

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Replies (11-16):
celticdragon77
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I use R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey as our main science curriculum right now. I hope they soon get more put out. I am already looking into other science courses just in case.

I really like this curriculum so far.

I don't if you are homeschooling religiously or secularly, but this is a secular curriculum.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM

If you want an old earth/evolution friendly curriculum, I wouldn't (personally) recommend Apologia (as mentioned in previous threads).

Quoting birthymom4:

Quoting lucsch:

I just wanted to know if it speaks against it.
I don't mind supplementing it.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

birthymom4
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Quoting AutymsMommy:

Yes, I want an old earth/Evolution based program. Thanks :)
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Some sciences really haven't a POV in the early years (insofar as the different fields of science).

If you are looking for Christian young earth/evolution friendly sciences, I strongly recommend something Catholic (because most Catholics are Old Earth/Theistic Evolutionists and all of the curricula produced recognizes this.

If you are looking for secular, I would suggest Ellen McHenry. She doesn't touch on it (evolution) that I know, but that's because of the target age of her curricula. She's a christian, but her material is purely secular, that I've seen (and it's geared to homeschoolers - so there won't be any $2,000 lab equipment, lol).

Quoting birthymom4:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Yes, I want an old earth/Evolution based program. Thanks :)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Interesting reading the different pov in this thread.
sha_lyn68
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Here's a free curriculum that we used pretty much all through elementary school: http://www.msnucleus.org/curriculum/curriculum.html

Also used this for several years in addition to the above free currculum.Could easily cover 2 in a year : http://www.commonsensepress.com/greatscience/default.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN