Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's not fair!!!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

Says my 13 year old public schooled daughter, when she found out her brother bakes cakes and cookies for school work.

baking

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

:)  One of my favorite things about homeschooling is how my kids get to experience things and learn things in ways I never had the opportunity to

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Me too :-)

But I will say my fav school experiance was when my teacher told the whole class to take off our shoes and socks. She then led us out to the sandbox and taught us hands on about erosion. The was the BEST teacher. We even called her by her first name as did her kids (one of them was in our class,lol)

Quoting Pukalani79:

:)  One of my favorite things about homeschooling is how my kids get to experience things and learn things in ways I never had the opportunity to

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Aug. 17, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I had a teacher like that in the 5th grade.  His name was Mr. Curtain and so much of what we did, we did "outside the box."  We "walked the solar system," did a radio play, made solar ovens, then made homemade bread (doing everything from sifting the chaff from the grain and grinding to mixing the batter), did an archeology dig and so much more.

Quoting paganbaby:

But I will say my fav school experiance was when my teacher told the whole class to take off our shoes and socks. She then led us out to the sandbox and taught us hands on about erosion. The was the BEST teacher. We even called her by her first name as did her kids (one of them was in our class,lol)

Quoting Pukalani79:

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a few great teachers like that, too, and I try to incorporate the things they taught me about teaching and learning into our homeschool experiences.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I would call that an interest in what sibling is doing. Catching a child paying attention is so awesome. :)
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM

*High five* to kick ass teachers!

Quoting Pukalani79:

I had a teacher like that in the 5th grade.  His name was Mr. Curtain and so much of what we did, we did "outside the box."  We "walked the solar system," did a radio play, made solar ovens, then made homemade bread (doing everything from sifting the chaff from the grain and grinding to mixing the batter), did an archeology dig and so much more.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Pukalani79:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

I had a few great teachers like that, too, and I try to incorporate the things they taught me about teaching and learning into our homeschool experiences.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha! mmm coookies

MommaTasha1003
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Man, Just how wonderful would Public School would be if every teacher had that type of passion about teaching!

Quoting Pukalani79:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Pukalani79:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
There might be less homeschooled kids if there were. Unfortunately, there aren't many because they are all underpaid, overworked, and forced to teach to the test. That doesn't allow for a lot of creativity.

Quoting MommaTasha1003:

Man, Just how wonderful would Public School would be if every teacher had that type of passion about teaching!

Quoting Pukalani79:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Pukalani79:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)