Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Why doesn't he go to regular school?

Posted by   + Show Post

Yesterday we were at the Rec center when a couple of kids approached me and asked why Bubba doesn't go to regular school.

Bubba looked right at them and said, "Because regular school is boring."

Girl "But school is supposed to be boring!" "You just have to do it."

Me "Not they way I do it." "If something is boring then I'm doing it wrong." "Our school is fun."

The kids just looked at me in awe and that made me kinda sad. When did we decide the learning had to be tedious?

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM

awwww 8(

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Makes me want to go and homeschool them all. LOL Well, in theory, at least. 8)

marrionsmommy
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I always feel bad when ds talks too much about how fun homeschool is and how boring regular school is. Most times im like we do it different , I dont want make kids feel bad because they dont have a choice to homeschool or not you know. Sad when ds says we mad a volcano today or built a metal detector and they say when, he has during school lol and they look shocked. I try to invite the neighboorhood kids to do science with us whenever we can, it gives him a chance to work with others and gives the kids a chance to have fun and learn. Shocking how much fun they can have with a box of baking soda and a bottle of vinegar lol
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Aug. 17, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughters friends are all jealous as well. Julia says "I am so excited to start back to school, but my friends cry when they say they have to go back. I feel bad for them." Her best friend said she is dropping out and coming to our school. Lol. 8 year olds. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TidewaterClan
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Not everything in life is fun ;)

Anything worth doing should at least be interesting. My marriage and motherhood isn't always fun but I can tell you it isn't boring! lol

When I worked it wasn't always fun (usually was interesting though), but it did include a paycheck and a dental plan.  That helped make it fun. :)

TidewaterClan
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Your son had some great responses, btw.  :)  Sounds like you're doing a great job making school and learning something that's worthwhile to him.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Aug. 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I love how he was able to hold his own and answer them, even when he's doing something so different. :)

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I'll go out of my way to make something interesting to the children - to a point. They need to realize that only THEY are responsible for making things interesting for themselves, and they'll never get to that point if I always do it for them.

(I can't tell you how much time, energy, and money I put into trying to make history "fun" for my daughter, but the result still stood at the end of the day - she hates history, but for Greek Mythology, and I insist she cover more than that. Nobody likes everything, and I'm cool with that, lol!)

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Not everything in life is fun ;)

Anything worth doing should at least be interesting. My marriage and motherhood isn't always fun but I can tell you it isn't boring! lol

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

1CynfulDlite
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I'm home schooling for the first time ever in my life and using FL Virtual School Online for public school.  I'm hoping that I can make the lessons fun for my little guy.  He's in Kindergarten and I'm more terrified then he is. I think he was more interested in the socialization of being in school then the learning aspect of it.  He's really outgoing and with no older siblings and being new to the area we don't get out and socialize much other then at church once a week.  So wish me luck ladies.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I know right?

Quoting mem82:

Makes me want to go and homeschool them all. LOL Well, in theory, at least. 8)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)