Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on the backpack blessing 8)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 22 Replies
6 moms liked this

I mentioned it to my mom and she went and bought the kids each a backpack so I guess they can have one blessed in a more general sense than just for going to a school.

After that we will use them to try and take our school work out and about a little more. Very exciting stuff.

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Aww - That was sweet of your mom to do. :)
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM

It was. 8) She isn't *thrilled* with me homeschooling but accepts that it works well for the kids.

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:27 PM

That was nice of your mom!  

My MIL wasn't thrilled with us homeschooling, either, but once she saw how amazing it is for the kids, she started actually bragging to her colleagues and friends about how they are homeschooled.  

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM

I'm hoping my mom will get to that point!

Quoting misselphaba:

That was nice of your mom!  

My MIL wasn't thrilled with us homeschooling, either, but once she saw how amazing it is for the kids, she started actually bragging to her colleagues and friends about how they are homeschooled.  

misselphaba
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:30 PM

It was about three years or more.  Now, she buys us tons of school supplies, she offers to give me money for curriculum.  It's nice.  

nikki0522
by Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM

That was nice of her. Both of my kids have backpacks that they use for field trips, camp, and swim classes.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I'm hoping we will use ours the same way. It's funny that I never really thought about using backpacks before. We do have other bags but these will be much handier.

Quoting nikki0522:

That was nice of her. Both of my kids have backpacks that they use for field trips, camp, and swim classes.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

That sounds amazing!

Quoting misselphaba:

It was about three years or more.  Now, she buys us tons of school supplies, she offers to give me money for curriculum.  It's nice.  

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom totally would have gone out and bought them backpacks too, lol.  Sometimes I don't appreciate my mom enough.

Any blessing is good in my opinion, lol.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I agree!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

My mom totally would have gone out and bought them backpacks too, lol.  Sometimes I don't appreciate my mom enough.

Any blessing is good in my opinion, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)