Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
What is, in your opinion, the best, ideal age, to start schooling?

At what age would you start if you had complete freedom from the "statutes" of your state?

undefined

by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Replies (41-41):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job.

I think education should be as natural as breathing. So when a child starts out wanting to learn, we'd be a fool not to cultivate their hunger. At least, that is my opinion. :)

Quoting coala:

Honestly I wouldn't have changed a thing.  We started "teaching" her at 18 mos.  She was trying to read by 2, but couldn't get it all together until 3 1/2.  She was doing math....basic addition around 2.  My LO is an exception to most rules.  I have a friend who keeps saying that he wants his fiance to come spend a few weeks at our house and just watch how things are done.  He wants them to HS their children.....when they are ready to have them.

My oldest (she came to live with us 16 mos ago, and adopted her last September).  I wish I could have changed so much about her early upbringing, but she wasn't ours at that point.  I just keep working with her and trying to remember that she doesn't have the same foundation as my youngest which makes it hard with the expectations that I put into place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)