Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New and looking at homeschooling in the next year or so!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hey Mama's! I am a mom of two boys and thinking of homeschooling them when they are old enough or ready enough! I am an in home daycare provider to 12 kids including my own with a helper currently. I am taking anyone's oppinions or advice that I can on how they do their homeschooling in their family and what they found that works!

Nicole

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Nicole. If you can plan your school work after your daycare kids leave so you are not being pulled in all directions at once or make what you do with your sons part of the daycare day for all the kids that are old enough to participate.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM

There's a book out there that is titled something like, "Homeschooling Boys."    I think that would be a valuable read.   I have two girls and two boys and while I've never read the book, I've noticed that teaching them takes a very different approach with all of them.

What I did when I wanted to homeschool was to first look up my state laws and read up on some information from other moms near me that homeschooled.   I researched the various curriculum, went and looked at some hands on, found out about homeschool groups in my area, and started making some plans.

I learned about the different styles of homeschooling from radical homeschooling, to public schooling at home... and I decided that my style and my kids' styles seem to fit well with an "ecclectic approach."    It was major trial and error, but I managed to find some things that worked with us and have been building and changing as we go.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

oh, and I knew a lady that was a widow and she ran a home daycare, had teen daughters in public school, and was homeschooling her 8 yr old daughter.... she was doing pretty good juggling it all.

I also used to provide care, but I had them bef/aft and one younger one part time in the afternoons...  so we did the bulk of our schooling after getting kids on the bus and then before the other toddler came in the afternoon.   Then we did some stuff while the toddlers played and some other projects on the weekends.

romacox
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

As a home school workshop leader, I have put together the following free web page to answer such questions.

How To Home School

QueenCreole313
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM
I think you have an awesome job that can allow you to homeschool. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)