Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What's on the agenda this week?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 12 Replies
What are you planning to learn/teach/explore?
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:24 PM

So this week culminates in my 4th grader doing his pirate presentation.  :)  He's done all the research, but I don't think he's really got the meat of the presentation.  He and dh made a pirate ship for the "battle" (water balloon fight), he's made the map for the treasure hunt, he's got a plan for the pirate flag, and he's got the rough draft for the board game (with pirate fact cards), BUT his educational presentation to his siblings he seems to think should be an enactment of piratical fighting up in his room.  :(  We're gonna work hard this week!

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I dont know, i think this week we will be on survival mode. I had a baby last friday and monday dh goes back to work, however pur charter school begins on the monday and we will need take attendance and give work samples. Maybe we will do math, some learning games and reading this week.
jwhit8791
by Jessica on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!!!!

Quoting Precious333:

I dont know, i think this week we will be on survival mode. I had a baby last friday and monday dh goes back to work, however pur charter school begins on the monday and we will need take attendance and give work samples. Maybe we will do math, some learning games and reading this week.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

congratulationsBoy or girl?

Quoting Precious333:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM

We are finishing up money and adding Language Arts to the mix this week. At the end of the week, I will have the child I am starting to babysit, so the end of the week will be about smoothing him into the schedule.

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:09 PM

thanks! After three boys, we got a little girl :)

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Precious333:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay! I was the first girl, fourth child, too. 8)

Quoting Precious333:

thanks! After three boys, we got a little girl :)

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Precious333:

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Survival mode sounds good.  I'd be there until after Christmas.  :)  Good luck and have fun!

Quoting Precious333:

mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Arts - drawing farm animals from (Draw, Write, Now), science - review on animal classifications, food chain, photosynthesis,  history- first chapter of the Story of the World-.Ancient times, Math- symmetry

"If the child cannot learn in the way we teach...we must teach in the way the child can learn."reading

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM
You too! :)

Quoting hwblyf:

Survival mode sounds good.  I'd be there until after Christmas.  :)  Good luck and have fun!

Quoting Precious333:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)