Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First day of school tomorrow and... NEWS!! :)

MonkeyPeanut79
I need to get moving and get this house clean! :)
Today at 12:20 PM
Posted by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

So... I'm going to be moving next month as long as the home inspection goes ok! We are really excited to be moving to a house that actually fits all of us :) Things have moved so fast. The bid was accepted just the other day, the closing date is Sept. 6th, and we will probably move in around the end of September. It's crazy!

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I'm very nervous about this school year. I have my 2nd grader and I found this awesome little curriculum for my preschooler (www.preschoolpalace.org just in case anyone wants to know lol). But, it's my first year homeschooling 2 kids so I'm worried about it. Plus, I have therapy on Monday's and I didn't think about it until tonight so school will have to be pushed back until the afternoon. I'm pretty sure it's my anxiety talking but it just feels wrong to do school in the afternoon lol.

Both boys birthdays are coming up too and it's going to get super crazy here. It's a little overwhelming when I stop to think about it. I think I need to stop thinking and 'just keep swimming' lol :)

by on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Want to borrow my avatar? :)

MonkeyPeanut79
by Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Hahaha! Yes! :)

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

Want to borrow my avatar? :)

kmath
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Congrats on the house!  That is great news!  You will do fine, deep breathes and just adjust as needed for the first little bit.  LOL

Precious333
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! :)
celticdragon77
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Quoting MonkeyPeanut79:

So... I'm going to be moving next month as long as the home inspection goes ok! We are really excited to be moving to a house that actually fits all of us :) Things have moved so fast. The bid was accepted just the other day, the closing date is Sept. 6th, and we will probably move in around the end of September. It's crazy!

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I'm very nervous about this school year. I have my 2nd grader and I found this awesome little curriculum for my preschooler (www.preschoolpalace.org just in case anyone wants to know lol). But, it's my first year homeschooling 2 kids so I'm worried about it. Plus, I have therapy on Monday's and I didn't think about it until tonight so school will have to be pushed back until the afternoon. I'm pretty sure it's my anxiety talking but it just feels wrong to do school in the afternoon lol.

Both boys birthdays are coming up too and it's going to get super crazy here. It's a little overwhelming when I stop to think about it. I think I need to stop thinking and 'just keep swimming' lol :)

I love Dory

Do you have to start tomorrow? Or is everyone all excited and set on tomorrow being the day?! You could view tomorrow as your first chance to experience the flexibility of homeschooling. 

celticdragon77
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, and congrats on the new house. =)

MonkeyPeanut79
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting celticdragon77:

Quoting MonkeyPeanut79:

I love Dory

Do you have to start tomorrow? Or is everyone all excited and set on tomorrow being the day?! You could view tomorrow as your first chance to experience the flexibility of homeschooling. 

That's the best line in the whole movie :) I use it on my kids all the time lol.

The kids are super excited to start today. I've been telling them for weeks and counting down the days on the calender. My oldest started asking to do school around the first of July. It suprised me because last year was so bad. So I think they would be disappointed if school didn't start today. Plus, I figure if we start now we can take the week before we move off with no problem.

kyfiregirl
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

congrats we do afternoon and evening school. its real hot here so my kids do their chores first thing then get their play time in then we start school at 1 then work til 4 and i cook then we do our reading time together as a family after dinner! at least that how we have started our schedule!

celticdragon77
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:37 AM

aw, most definitely, do not stifle the excitement =) Have fun!!!

Quoting MonkeyPeanut79:

Quoting celticdragon77:

Quoting MonkeyPeanut79:

I love Dory

That's the best line in the whole movie :) I use it on my kids all the time lol.

The kids are super excited to start today. I've been telling them for weeks and counting down the days on the calender. My oldest started asking to do school around the first of July. It suprised me because last year was so bad. So I think they would be disappointed if school didn't start today. Plus, I figure if we start now we can take the week before we move off with no problem.

oredeb
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM

congratulations monkeypeanut on your new home!!!!! yea!! what a great way to start homeschooling !!

let us know how the days goes for schooling, and its ok to school in the afternoon, some people even school at night!

one day at a time works good! i always put it down on a calender when i get to many things going or overwelmed and mark it off as each day goes by.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)