Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Jr Kindergarten 8/19/2013

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

What is everyone working on with their Jr Kindergartner (pre-ker) today?

Today, thus far, we've reviewed our letter sounds. Later we'll work on blending a bit more.

For math, I had Nico math shoes in "pairs" count the pairs, and then work on counting by 2's.

We'll read Madeline later (again, lol) and do a religion activity, as well as work on our religion memory work (the Guardian Angel prayer, I think).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I'm starting Theo next week *officially* and the other two littles will maybe be in and out as they choose.

ninastone
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

We haven't started yet.  We are starting on the 26th officially.  We will do a couple of art projects today though, getting ready for DH's birthday. So we will be working on fine motor.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Q did a worksheet in his Math U See Primer (just like big brothers).  We read the giving tree and he drew pictures to show what happened in sequence.  He walked around the yard with me calling out 3 big steps to the North 12 tiny steps to the East etc, he found a "prize" at the end.  I am liming cucumbers for pickles, so we are disolving an egg shell in vinegar to show why just putting them in vinegar to "pickle" them would make them all mushy. 

oredeb
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM

we've not started yet, so not working on anything!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM
We haven't really started but they come up with work on their own sometimes.
coala
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM

We haven't officially started yet, but they are both reading for 30 mins a day and working on math and learning about a state.  One is working on her addition and subtraction facts and the other is working on multiplication.  We have learned about the state of Alabama.  September 1, is when we will officially start a unit study.  I want to keep their minds sharp for when we get back to our curriculum in January.

Molimomma
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:26 AM
We did a patterning worksheet for math with cut and paste practice. Read a new ocean book. Worked on letter sounds by matching plastic ocean animals into a cup with the correct beginning sound on the front. I put up the new pocket calendar I got and we talked about the month, date, and day of the week starting our new calendar routine as well. Since we're both trying to get rid of a nasty cold daddy brought home it was a light day hoping we can get up to full speed by the end of the week but I feel terrible so not holding my breath.
mommy4lyf
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:38 AM
The Guardian Angel prayer is my very first prayer my mom taught us when we were kids and I passed it on to my son.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

What is everyone working on with their Jr Kindergartner (pre-ker) today?

Today, thus far, we've reviewed our letter sounds. Later we'll work on blending a bit more.

For math, I had Nico math shoes in "pairs" count the pairs, and then work on counting by 2's.

We'll read Madeline later (again, lol) and do a religion activity, as well as work on our religion memory work (the Guardian Angel prayer, I think).

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Riley had made it half way through his Math U See Primer last year, and we were only doing school about twice a week starting in Dec. He FLEW through it! We're picking up where we left off last year there. We started All About Reading Level 1 last year too, but I think we're going to start over just for review, and mix in star fall a little more (they work fairly well together).
We're not starting "officially" until next week though. Too many projects still around the house I want finished first.

candiedgala
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:00 AM
We're starting pre-k in November and I'm already worried that she isn't going to be ready. I'm sure we'll figure something out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)