Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Next week...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

Autumn will back at brick and mortar. I'm sad - but, alternatively, I'm thrilled for her. It's a VERY small (15 students in the whole SCHOOL; only 4 - counting her - students in her class) private school for gifted/dyslexic children.

I posted before that it fell through, a while back, but some things fell into place and she's going. I sold off/gave away the curriculum I had ordered for her, her shelf on the school book case is bare (but for the math we're still working on) and, starting next week, for the next two years she'll be spending her days surrounded by children just like her - where nobody makes fun of her, with teachers who know how to teach to her gifts and work on her weaknesses, in a very homey, happy atmosphere... and I already miss her like crazy (I know it's only until 3 pm, but she's been home for years now).

She'll be home again for high school (as the school only goes through grade 8), so I have that to look forward to, and my boys are still home.

Her uniforms are hanging in her closet, she has a fresh hair cut, school shoes have been ordered; she has a lovely backpack and new lunch box. They already have an overnight field trip the weekend after school starts to go camping and work on some leadership skills (and general bonding with classmates and teachers).

My baby... my only little girl... is growing up. *sniff*

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I hope that it is a great experience for her!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Aw, that made me tear up a little bit! LOL I'm glad this school worked out for you guys!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Made me tear up too! Can't they just stay young a little longer?

But she's getting opportunities, mom! Isn't that fantastic? Is she excited about going camping yet? :)
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

She's ecstatic... about everything but the bugs, lol. They do a lot of cool frield trips; I think they're trying for DC this year, and will probalby do another to the beach at some point.

Quoting kirbymom:

Made me tear up too! Can't they just stay young a little longer?

But she's getting opportunities, mom! Isn't that fantastic? Is she excited about going camping yet? :)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM

That is so awesome!  Congrats and hugs!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Ha! I didn't like bugs either at her age! lol.
Sounds like she is going to have a lot learning and fun. So excited for her. :)

Quoting AutymsMommy:

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Aug. 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Oh, she must be so excited.  And it will be a great experience for her.  And you can focus on the littles a bit, the kindergartener will love having you to himself I bet ;)

And, it's only 2 years..2 years of a great experience, and then home for more great experiences ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN