Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Cheese nuggets! UPDATE! (or, a rant about schools cancelling the classes you want)

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

We were all set for DD to be registered for the Astronomy class that was going to be offered at our local community college this fall. Got a call this morning that they had cancelled the class they were offering at our local campus! Our only other option was Tue/Thu mornings at the campus 40 minutes away. We've already registered and paid for co-op on Thu mornings (not to mention, I'm teaching two classes!), so that's a total no-go.

Rat droppings.

Now I'm going to comb through their offerings again to see if it's even worth trying to take a class this term, or just wait until Spring and hope they don't jerk us around again.

ETA: Hey! They called back and said that yes, she could take the Astronomy class she wanted! I have no idea what went wrong, but I'm glad it's fixed.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gummibear
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM

That is aweful  :(

usmom3
by BJ on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:01 PM

We had something similar happen to us last year with classes at the community center. Needles to say we will not be taking any classes through them ever because of how unprofessional they do things.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM

aw That's annoying

SusanTheWriter
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM

BUMP!

oredeb
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

hahahahahahahha i sure enjoy reading your posts susan!! hahahahahaha rat droppings!hahahahahahaha good one!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:59 PM

This post gave me a big belly laugh!  Thanks!  I'm glad it got all squared away!

MonkeyPeanut79
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I spent a minute looking at your title and wondering about the cheese nuggets. Are they fried cheese curds or cheesy chicken nuggets? Then, after I got hungry, I looked at the rest of your title and realized it wasn't about cheese nuggets lol :)

Glad your daughter got into the class she wanted! That's great news :)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Glad they fixed it
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I'm glad she's able to take the class after all

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM
So glad it was resolved!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN